ok if your muscles are a little soar from workin out 2 days before, is it alright to stretch and then work out or will it do somethin to the muscles?
When it's sore, your muscles were tore down and now they're rebuilding. Correct me if I'm wrong? Best to let them rest
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
just keep going. when it starts to hurt, thats when the muscle is building. before it starts to hurt is just ripping them so they can then be built.
haha he did to much weight
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by MrTin
My friend worked out really hard with sour biceps(es?) and then he couldn't stretch his arms out.
Accually, it was kind of funny haha

Sour biceps? You tasted them?

Ts, it's called Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
The soreness comes from a thing called "Lactic Acid" which secretes (sp?) after long periods of strenuous activity, which makes the muscles stiff and fatigued
/from my gym teacher

I think if you were to press on, you would not be able to do much, and end up just getting yourself hurt more.
Isnt there a special thread for this kind of thing?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by willy_99
just keep going. when it starts to hurt, thats when the muscle is building. before it starts to hurt is just ripping them so they can then be built.

He said 2 days after he worked out he was sore, he's not talking about when he's working out they're sore. Like say you bench press like crazy today, tomorrow you're sore.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by captainoid
The soreness comes from a thing called "Lactic Acid" which secretes (sp?) after long periods of strenuous activity, which makes the muscles stiff and fatigued
/from my gym teacher

I think if you were to press on, you would not be able to do much, and end up just getting yourself hurt more.

Lactic acid is a by-product of anaerobic respiration. This happens when your body can't take in oxygen fast enough due to strenuous activity. I don't think it lingers for that long after though so you probably damaged your muscles slightly. Best to rest I think.
Quote by Ziggums
Lactic acid is a by-product of anaerobic respiration. This happens when your body can't take in oxygen fast enough due to strenuous activity. I don't think it lingers for that long after though so you probably damaged your muscles slightly. Best to rest I think.

I learned something new, thanks Ziggums!