For christmas I wanted to get a new amp to replace my lack of one. So, i went to guitar center and played about every amp there and after a long ass time of playing and waiting, I bought the Peavey Windosr head with an MG cab. I know I know, the MG cab blows...and trust me, it does, but after a day, I took the head back and they said ok, because i was so undeciesive about it in the first place. So i took the....i cant think of the name, but its the brand new crate 100watt head. With the new flexwave thing. anyway, i took it home and it was sweet, had enough gain for everything, but it had this weird echo thing that i wasnt digging, so i took it back another time, and me and my dad, yes, im 15, me and my dad were looking at the B-52 AT100 head, it was about 800 at the time and it was out our price range, so i took the new B-52 SS head home as the next best alternitive.

Needless to say, i took it back. and i was like **** it, i bought the AT100. I owed my dad alot of money for it. After christmas i actually owed him $200. weird,....

But now on the real reason to the post.

I play a Squire bullet with an invader in the bridge, and a epi Lp special II that i built out of parts that i bought from diffferent people. I set it up and it actually plays really good compared to other expensive guitars. Only problem is, i get horrible feedback when i have the second gain channel on and even when the gain is past midnight.

The cab is for sure holding the amp back with the speaker honking that i get when i palm mute and just the suckish sounds at some points, but the amp is really an amazing when played with the right cabs.

Now, my question is what do i replace first, the cab. or the guitar?

Sorry for the useless history, just thought you miht understand my situation a litttle more.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Last edited by OctoberWind at Jun 25, 2008,
Get a new cab.

For the love of God, stop getting rid of amps! The Windsor was a pretty solid choice as is.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Usually, the order goes like this

New Amp/Cab > New Guitar.

In your case, ya, get yourself a good cab, and if your guitar is that squeaky, you may want to consider a noise gate.
that's a tough call.... if i were you, i would save up 800.. buy an avatar 2*12 cab, they come loaded with your choice of speakers but i would say celestion vintage 30's they're pretty much a default , the cab would run you about 250-300, that'd leave you 500 for a guitar, and then i'd buy an Agile Al-3100. just my opinion
well how much do you have? becaus ei you can fine a decent used cab for 200 or so

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Phew, I was worried that you stuck with a crappy amp instead of going back to the windsor. Phew!

Anyways, make sure you have wax potted pickups and you stand away from the amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
how about this, you seem pretty new and like you wouldn't need the stack. get rid of the stack buy a nice combo, then spend the extra money towards a new guitar.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Get a new cab... I know what's done is already done, but you might want to consider buying used amps next time. The B-52 is pretty cheap used. You probably could've had that and the cab for the 800. Just trying to help...
The cab. You sound happy with your les paul.

At some point, get rid of the strat and buy a real fender strat (mexican)
I got the whole stack for $700.
So i got a good deal.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Get a new cab first, next time get a decent combo amp. (AND DON"T CHANGE YOUR MIND 10 TIMES AFTERWARD!)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.