*Before i say anything, dont ask for my amp, im getting an Epi Valve Junior*

Im looking at the Telecasters for the indie sound. Stuff like Radiohead, Bloc Party, Editors, The Smiths. Something nice and clean which also handles effects.

But, as always, budget limits me. Choices are between a Mex Tele, Highway 1 Tele and a 72 Deluxe/Custom.

I've played the Mex Tele and the 72 Deluxe, could tell there was a difference in sound and the neck shapes were although different, didnt bother me (im not bothered by neck shapes in general) but i havent played the Highway 1.

Any help is much appreciated
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at Jun 25, 2008,
I've heard AWESOME things about the HWY1, so make sure to get your hands on one asap. Also, check out the Classic Series. I got a 50's Classic tele for $700, which is within your price range, and it outplays every other tele I've ever held.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
id get the 72 if you want humbuckers, hwy 1 if you want singles. i have played both and they are both really really nice
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
bumpage, any other inputs?

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
just a few more opinions...please?

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
budget?

plus are you sure the vj is the right amp for indie? a fender champion 600 or peavey valveking royal 8 might be better...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try em out, see how you like em all.

Highway Ones strike me as the real 'players guitar' with no frills, just straight playability. If you haven't tried it out yet, do so before you make your decision.
If your budget is short of an American Standard, I've heard great things about MIJ Tele's.
-ash
The Highway 1's are great guitars, but you could probably get a used American Standard if you saved just a bit more. But if you're really on a budget, Squier Classic Vibe Tele.
Baja or Highway One. Nothing else. Both are AWESOME.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95