I just got my bank statement today and it listed all my deposits, debits ,blah blah blah. Anyway, I saw on the statement that my guitarcenter order was $32.03. When I purchased my stuff from them online the day I ordered, my total rang up as $31.43. I looked at my last transaction there and it was the same way. Why was I charged over 60 and 30 extra cents on my orders? I paid with my debit card and I'm wondering if there is some kind of hidden charge for having to run the debit card or something. Any input?

Btw, none of the other online stores I have purchased from have done this.
I'm not gonna make a big deal over $0.90. I'm just not gonna buy from there anymore I guess.
Quote by jymellis
bring them the statement and the receipt and ask them.

jym

This sounds good.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
When I want to buy something from guitarcenter i always check musiciansfriend for a lower price
Quote by jymellis
bring them the statement and the receipt and ask them.

jym

Can I do this at an actual retail store? Cause the purchases were made through guitarcenter.com
Quote by rockadoodle
I just got my bank statement today and it listed all my deposits, debits ,blah blah blah. Anyway, I saw on the statement that my guitarcenter order was $32.03. When I purchased my stuff from them online the day I ordered, my total rang up as $31.43. I looked at my last transaction there and it was the same way. Why was I charged over 60 and 30 extra cents on my orders? I paid with my debit card and I'm wondering if there is some kind of hidden charge for having to run the debit card or something. Any input?

Btw, none of the other online stores I have purchased from have done this.

Probably has something to do with commission. The fact that a person is actually selling you something.
it could have been a service charge, or taxes if you live in the state they are based in.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
it could have been a service charge, or taxes if you live in the state they are based in.

I thought about that but the tax was figured in to the total. It was listed on the order.
Quote by rockadoodle
I thought about that but the tax was figured in to the total. It was listed on the order.

You should be able to bring it into any retail Guitar Center store as long as it's not privately owned & operated (don't know much about guitar center, but it is possible there are independent stores) and axe them about it.
Most credit cards have a charge fee.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You should be able to bring it into any retail Guitar Center store as long as it's not privately owned & operated (don't know much about guitar center, but it is possible there are independent stores) and axe them about it.

Lol Pun?
Quote by RU Experienced?

I would love to see the reactions of the workers handing him is .50 cents back lol.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Lol Pun?

You caught me!

to the other guy: yeah, that would be pretty funny. I really meant more like just figuring out where the charge came from rather than walking in there like a pri ck demanding his 90 cents back.