Page 1 of 3
If we can discuss England, Malaysia (sp?), and any other place in the world let us discuss the midwest! The MidWest is Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin, (insert any state I forgot here)

We shall discuss!

Opening statement: Indiana friggin sucks!
Last edited by Aussieloco at Jun 25, 2008,
Agreed except that you can buy fireworks and get tattoos without your parents consent there. you cant do those in illinois. we have chicago though.
Wisconsin is the best, simply because they have the Packers

/thread
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
You forgot Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Unless you want to call them the Great Plains states.
What? The MidWest was originally the 5 NorthWest territories. Those are the ones I listed.
Quote by Aussieloco
What? The MidWest was originally the 5 NorthWest territories. Those are the ones I listed.

What would you categorize the ones I listed as? Definitely not mountain, southern, or coastal
Quote by garrett5
Pacific Northwest > Midwest

Having lived in the midwest for 10 years, before moving to the Pacific Northwest, I can say that both have their own special qualities. Michigan and Washington FTW!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by what??
What would you categorize the ones I listed as? Definitely not mountain, southern, or coastal

Quote by what??
You forgot Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Unless you want to call them the Great Plains states.

lol
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
Quote by dRummeR94
lol

I have yet to hear of anyone actually referring to those states by that title outside of a few of us living here.

Also, on the news networks, when they talk about midwest flooding, they most often are speaking of Iowa.
Quote by saint22
Agreed except that you can buy fireworks and get tattoos without your parents consent there. you cant do those in illinois. we have chicago though.

Well, there's my contribution to the thread.

"Scruff McGruff
Chicago, Illinois
60653!"

Did I get the last line right?
Quote by what??

Those are the redheaded stepchildren of the midwest.
Quote by what??
I have yet to hear of anyone actually referring to those states by that title outside of a few of us living here.

Also, on the news networks, when they talk about midwest flooding, they most often are speaking of Iowa.

Yeah I actually do consider all those states midwest, I was just pointiong that out
Quote by Metallicaxp
I am pretty sure Missouri is the definition of midwest.........
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Indiana definitely sucks big hairy balls...that's why I'm in Germany now.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
I am pretty sure Missouri is the definition of midwest.........

All right, Missouri, you're in too, but Arkansas can't come.
Missouri is DEFINITELY in the Midwest
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
let's pray that the 90% chance of severe t-storms comes to fruition. if so, i don't have to work tonight.

i might stay in the midwest forever. i'm going to school in louisville which is a strange vortex of both southern culture and midwestern culture. while still being very progressive like any other big city.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
let's pray that the 90% chance of severe t-storms comes to fruition. if so, i don't have to work tonight.

i might stay in the midwest forever. i'm going to school in louisville which is a strange vortex of both southern culture and midwestern culture. while still being very progressive like any other big city.

Louisville is great. You'll enjoy it

I can't wait to get out of Indiana. Bloomington is a cool place, but everywhere else makes me wonder: is this a joke?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox

I can't wait to get out of Indiana. Bloomington is a cool place, but everywhere else makes me wonder: is this a joke?

I love Louisville
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by terrencemaddox

nice. i actually live in your sexier twin brother: bloomington, IL.
#DTWD
Quote by revelation45
Every time I travel up to Wisconsin I make a stop in Bloomington, IL. It seems like its one of the cheaper places to get gas. But stay away from the Shell station there, they rip you off.

i'm assuming you come up via 55? i can't even think of where the shell stations are to be honest. i think there might be one on oakland ave. i get my gas from casey's or meijer or huck's.

what happened at the shell station though? the one i'm thinking of is run by people who barely speak english. perhaps an honest misunderstanding?
#DTWD
I've been living in Mi. the last 18 years or so. It's alright. The flatness wears on me a bit but whatever. I usually take it out on Lions fans.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yea it was the one on 55. It happened to my wife and she said the price on the main sign was lower than what was on the pumps. She wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the price on the pump was a lot higher. I don't think she's gone to that station since.
Eh, Wisconsin > Pacific Northwest. When the nuclear winter hits, we'll be the last ones still surviving in the snow.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Aussieloco
Opening statement: Indiana friggin sucks!
As an Ohioan I can tell you, Indiana friggin sucks and it embarrasses me to be near it. What do they have goin for them? (Other than the Colts?)

Though I can also tell you that Michigan sucks more.

New topic: Michigan friggin sucks!
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
As an Ohioan I can tell you, Indiana friggin sucks and it embarrasses me to be near it. What do they have goin for them? (Other than the Colts?)

Oh yeah go Ohio! And Michigan does suck alot. I actually found out last week that Ohio borders Michigan thats more embarrassing
Quote by Metallicaxp
Quote by MrMojoRisin'

You have those amazing dunes and the lake, you guys rock!
Quote by dRummeR94
Oh yeah go Ohio! And Michigan does suck alot. I actually found out last week that Ohio borders Michigan thats more embarrassing
You just found out last week?

And go Ohio! Go Tribe, Cavs, Browns, and OSU! Unless you're from Southwest Ohio. In that case, go OSU! Cincinnati teams fail.
I think my fellow Michiganders will agree when I say Michigan is the asshole of the United States, especially in terms of the Economy, Unemployment, and Climate.

Only state where it can be sunny and 85 one day and snowing the next.....

EDIT: Btw, I'm looking to add every single person from Michigan (well the Lower Peninsula anyway) here on UG. So if you're from the Wolverine State add me!
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Page 1 of 3