View poll results: What should I do?
Sell the drums
1 2%
Sell the drums and stop the lessons
9 14%
Keep at them
55 85%
Voters: 65.
Last Christmas I got Peavey drums because I took them at school. I've been getting lessons every Sunday outside school for a year because I wasn't offered them in school and didn’t want to fail them. I'm not sure how much the drums cost, but the lessons are £15 per lesson, £90 per block (6 weeks).

But now i'm in 5th year i've decided to take guitar as my first instrument and sound engineering as my second because it's something i've been interested in for a while.
So since I don't need my drums for school I would just be using them and the lessons for a hobby. But I barley ever play my drums so i'm not sure if it's worth having them. I really enjoy my drum lessons and want to stay at them but I don't particularly need them so it's kind of a waste of money.

If I was to sell my drums i'd be putting the money towards my guitar and amp fund. I've been playing for about 5 years now and only have a ****ty encore strat copy.

So sell the drums and stop the drum lessons, just sell the drums or keep them both?

tl;dr? Should I sell the drums I barley play and stop the music lessons I don't particularly need, but enjoy, or just sell the drums or keep them both?
I guess. I mean I have wanted to start a band for a while, so that would help. It does take a lot of space but. My drawers have to be kept in my parents room so the drums can fit in mine.
Keep them. Great to work coordination. It might also become useful someday.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
if youre gonna form a band, keep it. that way, you can have band practice at your house, and the drummer won't have to bring his set, or you won't have to bring your gear to the drummers place, either way, it makes it more convenient.
but if you are not, or you're not worried about convenience, then sell them, and get some sweet guitar stuff
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
i believe you shouldn't ever need drum lessons. you seem to already know some stuff about music so as long as you can keep a beat...

i'd say keep the drums and stop the lessons. then use your lessons money for the guitar/amp fund.

win/win stituation
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
the world is overstocked on guitarists and depleted of drummers.

keep on
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Keep 'em. If you ever want to record music on the cheap, they'll come in handy.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Thanks guys. I'll see in a couple of weeks if i'll keep the lessons. I won't be going to them for a month because of the summer so i'll see if I can cope
Quote by redneckrocker2
i believe you shouldn't ever need drum lessons. you seem to already know some stuff about music so as long as you can keep a beat...

hahaha, I've heard many a bad drummer say that, and not that many good ones.

I say keep them and maybe stop the lessons though if you are decent enough to play the music you want and think you can improve on your own if you need to. Drummers are the hardest band members to find, so playing drums could be very beneficial.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
keep playing. if you are decent at them and you like them then its worth it. you'll probably regret selling them if you do.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
hahaha, I've heard many a bad drummer say that, and not that many good ones.

I say keep them and maybe stop the lessons though if you are decent enough to play the music you want and think you can improve on your own if you need to. Drummers are the hardest band members to find, so playing drums could be very beneficial.

I'm not good so I wouldn't be a drummer
That's also part fo the reason I have lessons, because i'm pretty crap.
It'll help you groove, if that's needed as a guitarist?
I wish I played drus tbh, I find it hard to lock in sometimes.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
stay with it man, if you do end up starting a band, you'll be able to help write guitar parts, as well as write sweet drumlines to go with them.

as well, you can always be a freelance musician if you work in a studio, and there are many solo artists out there that may not have any percussion experience; coin in pocket my friend.
------

Shwiggity.
keep them, learn to sing and be like Dave Grohl
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
defo keep at it.
Focus on one main instrument and learn to play it brilliantly but at the same time jam on some other instruments and learn to play them well. It'll be so beneficial...

But i'd say drop the lessons with the drums.
It's not the drums that are a waste of money it's the lessons. Not because drum lessons are a waste of money but because you're not playing them much...
i chose sell the drums and stop the lessons. I thought it said keep the drums stop the lessons. You just need some motivation. Try learning some new songs
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

If you enjoy playing the drums then keep at it. You really should get some lessons for the guitar. Maybe drop the drum lessons for a little bit and get some basic guitar out of the way.
I get guitar lessons for free in school
I don't know. Like I said I wont have drum lessons for a month so if I end up still not playing them i'll proberly chuck them both unless I get a band together. If I keep the lessons though i'll still be able to play in school I guess.