My dad has a Les Paul (knockoff, sadly) thats about 30 years old. Even though it's a knockoff, it still sounds amazing. I don't think it's ever been cleaned so theres a ton of grime, and most of the screws are rusting. I want to change the screws on the pickups, but I've never messed with a guitar. Will it damage it? are there any precautions I have to take?

thanks
Are the pickups that terrible to warrant a replacing? Always do your best to take advantage of vintage pickups.
hey im sorry for asking this on this thread, but i just bought a dunlop fuzz face, i plugged it all in and its not working, ive tried 2 new batterys and changed my guitar and amp, any help would be great. Thanks
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
hey im sorry for asking this on this thread, but i just bought a dunlop fuzz face, i plugged it all in and its not working, ive tried 2 new batterys and changed my guitar and amp, any help would be great. Thanks

leads?
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin

Make your own damn thread.
/annoyed

anyway, just be careful you don't lose anything, TS, Because if you tak a pickup out of the cavity, there are springs attached to the pickup rings that are used to adjust the height. If you lose them, your fucked
i dont think it is leads, when i put my amp on full blast and turn the fuzz nob right up u can hear it working, but when i play my guitar thers no sound (volume nob on fuzz face and guitar also right up)
no its not leads because when i put my guitar amp and fuzz face volume on 10 and then higher the fuzz nob up u can hear it working, just no sound
Quote by captainoid
Make your own damn thread.
/annoyed

anyway, just be careful you don't lose anything, TS, Because if you tak a pickup out of the cavity, there are springs attached to the pickup rings that are used to adjust the height. If you lose them, your fucked

if I do it screw by screw though, would that still be a problem?
Quote by Luke.Zeppelin
no its not leads because when i put my guitar amp and fuzz face volume on 10 and then higher the fuzz nob up u can hear it working, just no sound

^ GTFO.

TS, are you talking about the mounting screws, as in the height sdjustment? or are you talking about the screws in the pickup physically?
------

Shwiggity.
Well, for fretboard grime, use lemon oil to clean it away.

For screw, see how much you can take off with a alcohol cleaning pad. Preferably NAPTHA, if you can find some.

Quote by Luke.Zeppelin

You should start your own thread instead of posting in some random one.
BTW, fuzz face jacks are reversed. Reverse which jacks you're plugging into.