OK so i need to upgrade to tubes.... Which is a better idea some sort of a traynor (will cost significantly more for less wats but from what ive heard will sound better) Or a peavey valve king 100 wat.... For the record my budget is at about 700 bucks or less. Im not currently in a band but would like to soon join a band which will gig.
Peavey gets my vote. I'm not sure about Traynor guitar amps, as in I have no experience to refer to. I have however owned a Yorkville (same company) bass amp and it was amazing.

And why 100 watts? You're going to need 50 tops in a tube amp, so don't be afraid to look at lower wattage amps.
Quote by jesus is punk N
ah i was considering a 40 wat traynor tube but i was worried the wats were to low to gig with

Not at all. If you ever need more volume than that you're going to be mic'd up anyways.
Take that 700$ and get on ebay and find a Peavey 5150, thats what i use and I love it. and get a nice tube package from eurotubes. Thats my suggestion
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
Quote by jesus is punk N
i wont buy anything online i like to try soemthing before i buy it

Music style?
Traynor IMO Valveking sound harsh stock.

Traynor are good stock maybe a tube sweap but u can live whit the stock tubes, the speaker is great.

Both wont do metal whitout and OD.

If u wanna do metal why not just get a 5150 and a noise gate ? ( usefull belive me )

Well traynor get my vote
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by jesus is punk N
classic rock/ metal

ValveKing then? That's my thought, though they aren't really my thing.
Quote by jesus is punk N
classic rock/ metal

Bad monkey + Traynor and ur in heaven.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
^ an overdrive pedal.

it really depends on how heavy metal you play, and how much of it you play...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
usually i try and not play anything heavier than metalica but i will play something heavier on the odd occasion
80s metallica? or more modern metallica? if it's 80s metallica, you'd probably get away with the traynor. if it's newer metallica, you'd need to try both amps to see...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As an owner of the Traynor YCV 50 Blue i would say go Traynor...
there is only a couple things that have come to my attention with the amp and those would be:
- Owners manual is brief
- Effects loop has no level knob which is a problem when using analog delay on the clean channel b/c the delayed signal distorts... this problem can be fixed however.

Other than those points, great amp.
is they traynor loud enough to gig with and im not really familiar with the years of metalica albums but il play something as heavy as a song like seek and destroy or master of puppets as a point were i dont want to go heavier, in order to stay as melodic as possible
Quote by jesus is punk N
is they traynor loud enough to gig with and im not really familiar with the years of metalica albums but il play something as heavy as a song like seek and destroy or master of puppets as a point were i dont want to go heavier, in order to stay as melodic as possible

Yes, it's loud enough to gig with. I already told you, I never turn mine past 3 on the dial, and by then, I'm plenty loud enough to get over my drummer.
Sounds like the heaviest you'll want to get is 80s metallica, in which case, I will second Dave and say that you should go Traynor.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by jesus is punk N

aye, those are 80s metallica songs. I'd have thought the traynor should be ok. Might be worth going for the ycv50, though, as allegedly it's more marshally than the 40 (but I've only tried the 40, so i can't say for sure).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well ive never tried out a traynor but valvekings are pretty mediocre amp there really not that impressive for a tube amp i rather get a crate flexwave than a valveking for metal.
my suggestion is look into a used DSL or a JCM900 that would be money way bettor spent if theres any GC near you look at there used section on the web, also check craigslist.
Get a traynor. Build like a brick sh!thouse, 2 year regardless warranty, cheap, and sounds delicious.

Some dude on ebay gives a really good deal if you're in the US, its like, practically a wholesale price.
http://myworld.ebay.com/proaudiostar/
Theres his site.

and then you will still have monies to get an OD pedal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^That makes Traynor an even better choice.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...