I managed to make it sound decent on my 10W SS amp using an EQ pedal... But by itself I didn't like it much at all when I actually compared it with something better. It was realy fizzy.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
IMO it's only good if you are into noise music, like crazy industrial experiments and whatnot, it's not very good for actual metal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by gurg06
yeah its not great...the metal master is better

And even it I found disgusting.

Trust me, owned it for a good six months before I sold it to buy a metal muff.

The Digitech grunge isn't too bad though. I actually kinda liked it, but I would never buy it, seeing how I don't play grunge.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by gurg06
yeah its not great...the metal master is better

well how mcuch is it? i was kind of on a budget.

i wasnt gonna spend more than $75, and i figured i would buy somethin that had a decently positive reveiw score as a first pedal.
don't you think it would have been smarter to get people's opinions on the pedal BEFORE you ordered it?

it's not that great of a pedal. very noisy.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by westvipor
well how mcuch is it? i was kind of on a budget.

i wasnt gonna spend more than $75, and i figured i would buy somethin that had a decently positive reveiw score as a first pedal.

its about $90 but if you dont want to stick with digitech get the metal muff is way better...about the same price
I was forced to use one of these when my amp broke, but now I have a nice new amp so I never have to use this piece of **** again.
It's fizzy, noisy, undynamic, sterile and makes leads and sweeps sounds like ****
ohai little sig.
Yeah, I own it and just want it to die. It sounds ok with an EQ pedal and 2 noise supressors, but even then when you go to record with it, it's tone is horrible. Way too much work for what it's worth, stick with a Boss pedal. I've also noticed mine's switch has started to wear out, but all my Boss pedals are fine.
Well i just posted this thread to see what people think about it, not to see if i shouldve bought it or not, but I guess that comes free with the package no matter what dont it?
Quote by westvipor
Well i just posted this thread to see what people think about it, not to see if i shouldve bought it or not, but I guess that comes free with the package no matter what dont it?

Uh, yeah...

What people think about it? They think you shouldn't have bought it. So yes, that feature is included for free.
well thanks for stealing my avatar, westvipor
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
the Grunge pedal is very misleading IMO, you can get some great metal tones out of that, more so than Grunge tones.

and one of you two needs to get a different Metallica avatar, i mean with all the damn albums they've made...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
To put it in perspective, I ended up parting mine for various components and the case. Yeeeeaaaah. If I knew it would be that bad, I would not of traded my Hyper Metal for it, which was a mushy, bland sounding pedal in of itself >_<
Quote by ugmung

and one of you two needs to get a different Metallica avatar, i mean with all the damn albums they've made...

But only four matter.