My birthday's comming up, and I'll have about $250 to spend. I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and a Schecter PT Elite. I want to get a speaker for my valveking and I will probably get a Eminence Texas Heat. so my question is, what should I get with the remaining money? Maybe upgrade my guitar's elctronics and nut and get a monster cable? or should I get some new pick ups?
What pickups do you have? That'd probably be my suggestion.

Or a nice OD or EQ pedal if you feel it could improve your tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Then I'd suggest new pickups. They won't be a huge difference, but it'll be noticeable through your amp. That is unless you're fine with what you have now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well my friend played his EX-400 through it, and even though they were EMG's, I didn't really notice a diffence, besides a little extra bottom end.
It's really something you have to hear for yourself while YOU are playing. I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the same two distorted guitars with two different pickups when someone else is playing, but since you've played your own guitar and know what it's missing, it's easier to tell what the other pickups bring to the table.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, i'd say focus on making the amp as good as possible: new speakers and tubes, then maybe look into pickups if you can still afford them.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...