Well, my band is supposed to play a gig at a 4th of July party next weekend. We're nowhere near ready. I'm thinking about calling the band and having the gig put off. Here are my reasons:

1. Our drum kit is garbage. We have only one cymbal not including the hi-hats, and it's a crash/ride. The heads are beaten to nothing.

2. No bassist. I play bass on some songs, but if two guitarists are needed, no bass.

3. No bass amp. The bass goes through a 15W Peavey practice amp.

4. Guitar amps not big enough. The other guitarist has a 20W Crate (SS) and I have my 6W Vibro Champ (tube).

5. No PA. We have no way of mic'ing the singer (other guitarist) except plugging a mic into a practice amp.

6. Not enough practice. We have a six song set list, and I've only rehearsed four of the songs with the whole band EVER. The other guitarist has only done two.

My drummer wants us all to pitch in and rent all the stuff we need, but I honestly don't want to drop all my cash on this even though I know the show will suck anyways.

So, I ask you, Pit, should I play the show, or call and bail out?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
From the sound of things, bail.

It won't end the band unless one of the members is a douche.

Just get some jobs, and earn cash for better equipment. Start looking out for a bassist, and work on your material more.

I'd be better to wait awhile and play a good show, than rush things and be horrible.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Milkywaykid1
obvious... rape

*'ported*

The rape posts are annoying and they're getting out of hand.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Hell man do it. Sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. Evreybody love a good train wreck.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Deff. bail. Anyone who thinks that's the wrong thing to do shouldn't be in your band in the first place.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
i'd bail. there's no real way for you guys to actually play this gig with the equipment you have, and renting the necessary equipment would cut quite the hole in your pockets. just wait, get some better gear, get tighter as a band, then go out there.
Bail and wait.

You'll sort of regret it, but's it better than being crap.

Maybe do an acoustic set?

But talk to people your age and see if they have a PA you could borrow (return by letting them play or something).
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Dude wheresabouts are you guys? and how old are you? I'm turning 15, in a month or so, if you guys live near me I'm willing to play bass for you
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Lasyk
Dude wheresabouts are you guys? and how old are you? I'm turning 15, in a month or so, if you guys live near me I'm willing to play bass for you

We're in Virginia man. I don't think it'll work out.

EDIT: and I'm turning 16 tommorow! We'd be glad to have you in the band, but sadly, we live >500 miles apart.

There are almost no good bassists around. The last guy we had on as a bass player couldn't even play. Literally, he knew nothing about the instrument.

Anyways, yeah, pretty sure I'll bail. We're having practice this Saturday, and unless we really "click" as a band and I feel inspired to play the show, I'm gonna bail.

And I didn't agree to this gig, my drummer did. He's always agreeing to shit that I don't want to do.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
How big is this party? Is it friends? Are you getting paid?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
How big is this party? Is it friends? Are you getting paid?

75-100 people, friends of the drummer, and no, we get paid in free burgers and drinks.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Don't gig till yous are totally ready, the band I'm in I was in for over a year before we got a gig (Its alot more complicated than it sounds). But because we didn't rush to gig, when we did gig we impressed people an stuff.

Good Luck dude
Quote by dudetheman
75-100 people, friends of the drummer, and no, we get paid in free burgers and drinks.

Then do it. Learning experience.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
dont bother, you're not ready, lacking equipment and are missing a musician.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by mrwaffles
Bail. It's really demoralizing when you have a shitty first gig. Wait until you are ready.

+1

Unless you have a gig the week after, in which case you can redeem yourself :P
Do the gig.

It'll learn 'em good.

Repeat the phrase 'Practice Makes Perfect' over the mic.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have just played a gig not being ready..

Ok, you guys seem to be far more unprepared than we were, but I had a really nice time, its always a good experience.

Play the gig have, fun dont expect to sound great, just rock their socks off!
Ask you schools music department if they have a PA system you can rob for the gig. And btw, yeah I'd do it. It'll be the worst gig ever so things can only get better from there on :P
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.