Page 1 of 3
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99681

QUICK WARNING; This thread is not to shoot your mouth off about bands you don't like on this CD, bear in mind this is Kerrang! and they have to pick bands that will appeal to a wide variation of maiden fans. SO DON'T SPAM THIS ****ING THREAD WITH YOUR ****.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
i loved kerrang!'s cover cd, when it was out.

i'll be surprised if fightstar's charlie simpson can pull it off though.
i might have a listen.
Avenged Sevenfold doesn't deserve to utter the name "Maiden," let alone cover them.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Avenged Sevenfold doesn't deserve to utter the name "Maiden," let alone cover them.

And why's that?
Is that the one with Machine Heads cover of Hallowed be thy name? It's an awesome cover.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by darkstar2466

WHAT THE **** DICKBAG, Can you not read?
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Oh noes! Blasphemers

Seriously!

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I'd rather hear a power metal band covering Wasted Years. I think the higher pitched vocals suit it better. See Thunderstone's cover for reference.

I'll give each song a chance, except for a couple of bands I absolutely can't stand (mentioning no names)
Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather hear a power metal band covering Wasted Years. I think the higher pitched vocals suit it better. See Thunderstone's cover for reference.

I'll give each song a chance, except for a couple of bands I absolutely can't stand (mentioning no names)

Holy deja vu, Mink.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I don't want to hear the cover of 'Fear of the Dark'. I bloody love that song.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Is that the one with Machine Heads cover of Hallowed be thy name? It's an awesome cover.

its a good cover, i was expecting it to be like CoFs cover
obviously not
Quote by bucketbot
WHAT THE **** DICKBAG, Can you not read?

hello. i have called to inform you internet is serous buisness.

but seriously.. as much as i dont like a7x. ill be interested to see how this turns out.
Slightly annoyed to see madina lake in there, I didn't mind them untill the kerrang tour. The singer is such a wanker.

How ever I'm glad to see a dream theater cover and a coheed one , and I'm loving that coheed did the trooper. When ever they play a cover live its that
Quote by rizo299
Slightly annoyed to see madina lake in there, I didn't mind them untill the kerrang tour. The singer is such a wanker.

How ever I'm glad to see a dream theater cover and a coheed one , and I'm loving that coheed did the trooper. When ever they play a cover live its that

Ugh, the Madina Lake singer was a twat at the Liverpool gig.
I've got no problem with Machine Head, but I can't bear to try their cover of Hallowed be thy name, because there's no way Robb Flynn can handle those vocals.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
My initial reactions.
01. BLACK TIDE - Prowler : Should be fine, they cover it live sometimes.

02. METALLICA - Remember Tomorrow : Will be interesting to see how this turns out. One metal great covering another.

03. AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Flash Of The Blade - Could be awesome, could be complete turd. They can play their instruments so should be musically sound.

04. GLAMOUR OF THE KILL - 2 Minutes To Midnight - This'll be good, they're like bullet for my valentine lite, with a bassist that can actually play.

05. COHEED AND CAMBRIA - The Trooper : Heard this played live, its awesome.

06. DEVILDRIVER - Wasted Years : Jury will be out, can he hack the vocals?

07. SIGN - Run To The Hills: Vocally this will kick ass. Musically not so much.

08. DREAM THEATER - To Tame A Land : This'll be note perfect

09. MADINA LAKE - Caught Somewhere In Time : hahaha, They can't play their own songs never mind this.

10. GALLOWS - Wrathchild : Lol. They won't be able to play it and the vocals will ruin purists ears.

11. FIGHTSTAR - Fear Of The Dark : Read above.

12. MACHINE HEAD - Hallowed Be Thy Name : Its a good cover. Heard it before.

13. TRIVIUM - Iron Maiden : This'll be musically tight. may be let down by poor vocals.

14. YEAR LONG DISASTER - Running Free : never heard of them.

15. GHOSTLINES - Brave New World : same as above.
Quote by rizo299

I never get bored of remembering that

Quote by Hammerzeit
11. FIGHTSTAR - Fear Of The Dark : Read above.

Pfft
It's a shame that the decent bands aren't covering more well known songs.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by break-me-in
I've got no problem with Machine Head, but I can't bear to try their cover of Hallowed be thy name, because there's no way Robb Flynn can handle those vocals.

You'd be surprised. He's actually a pretty damn good singer now. There's a video of them doing this cover at a festival in Lisbon on youtube. Check it out.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The list is very "meh" I don't even know who most of the bands on it are offhand.

At least Machine Head are on there.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why the hell isn't Rainmaker on the list?

EDIT: AND NO EVIL THAT MEN DO?

You're forgetting number of the beast, Aces high etc.
i have to disagree with the coheed and cambria choice as in them being chosen that's all I'm gonna say
To everyone doubting Fightstars abilities, let me tell you, they are a more than capable band. If you don't believe me, listen to their cover of Leper Messiah.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Fightstar were amazing doing Lepiar Messiah on the remastered thing they did before. I love kerrangs cover Cds.
Lost Prophets doing Davidian was good when they did that.

But yeah, exitced about Fightsat, machine Head, Metallica and Coheed ones. Heard coheed do the trooper live, complete with machine gun guitar as well

July 16th isn't it?

EDIT: gothclash knows the score
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why the hell isn't Rainmaker on the list?

EDIT: AND NO EVIL THAT MEN DO?

Oh man, I love Rainmaker, that's one of my most played songs.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Coheed doing The Trooper?

I'm definitely buying this, sounds great. I don't know how Metallica covering Maiden will work out but I'm sure it'll be decent.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The live Trooper cover is fantastic. If it's the vocal's you're worried about, Claudio doesn't sing, Travis does.

They take a verse each, its a really good cover. Seriously.
I think the tracklist is poor, most of the classics are missing. Some bands (Black Tide, Madina Lake, Avenged Sevenfold etc) really have me worried for this.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 3