Basically we've stolen this idea from the other forums. You make a "mixtape" of songs you like using www.muxtape.com and once a week a new list will be posted for other people to listen to. Sign ups are in the Classic Rock Project Discussion.

So to start things off, here's my playlist:

http://braindamage.muxtape.com/

10 songs, 53:17 (that's a little long...oh well )

1. Aerosmith- Toys in the Attic. This song is probably my favorite opening song for a show or an album. Saw Aerosmith open with this twice, it's a fast, high energy rocker. Great way to start things off.
Originally released on Aerosmith- Toys in the Attic.

2. Joe Walsh- Welcome to the Club. This is good old-fashioned Joe Walsh style rock and roll. One of my favorite Walsh songs.
Originally released on Joe Walsh- So What.

3. Rush- Xanadu. Hands down my favorite Rush song. Xanadu is epic in every way, it's a truly complete song...the lyrics, musicianship, music itself, vocals, etc. are all just awesome. I personally think it's the best song Rush have ever put out. It may be 11 minutes long, but it's totally worth it.
Originally released on Rush- A Farewell to Kings.

4. Traffic- Empty Pages. You'll understand why I picked this song once the electric piano solo kicks in. That moment is the definition of laid back, feel good music. This track features Steve Winwood on organ, electric piano, bass, and vocals.
Originally released on Traffic- John Barleycorn Must Die.

5. The Kinks- Juke Box Music. I've recently become obsessed with this song. I love the part around 3 minutes in where they break it down into a half time feel.
Originally released on The Kinks- Sleepwalker.

6. Derek and the Dominos- Anyday. My favorite song from the Layla album.
Originally released on Derek and the Dominos- Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

7. The Rolling Stones- Torn and Frayed. Another song I've found myself recently obsessed with, something which I owe to the Black Crowes. Their cover made me go back and realize what a great song Torn and Frayed is (as well as what a masterpiece Exile on Main St. is).
Originally released on The Rolling Stones- Exile on Main St.

8. The Black Crowes- No Speak No Slave. You knew it was coming. Rich holds down the fort on this one with a killer riff and rhythm playing that's second to none in my book, but the MVP is Marc Ford. This song is one of Ford's finest moments on a Black Crowes record...his tone is great as usual, and he rips during the solo.
Originally released on The Black Crowes- The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

9. Frank Zappa- I'm the Slime. This song showcases both Zappa's talent lyrically and musically, it's definitely up at the top of my long list of favorite Zappa songs.
Originally released on Frank Zappa- Overnite Sensation.

10. Rich Robinson- Answers. This song turned me on to Rich Robinson's solo career. I heard the Black Crowes play it live and went and bought Rich's solo CD a few weeks later. I still can't get enough of this one.
Originally released on Rich Robinson- Paper.

I'm obviously going to be lenient with artists in different genres with this radio stuff, so none of that "but it's not classic rock!" stuff.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I don't think it really matters if you meld different genres together. In other forums, I've seen rap, country, techno, etc. I think it's the entire point. Anyways, I like this list. I'm really enjoying this Derek and the Dominos song. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it sooner.

LOL
Woo! Well, I approve of the stuff that I know (especially Empty Pages, it'd be good for people to hear that). As for what I don't...

The Joe Walsh, Kinks, and Crowes were alright, not really my thing, although there were a few good parts (the end of the Walsh, the halftime in the Kinks).

I've listened to Anyday, but for some reason I never liked it as much as I did this time. I dunno why, I guess I just tend to skip over it.

The Rolling Stones song was very, very cool; I love it. Maybe I should finally get an album instead of individual songs by them.

The Rich Robinson song was the most interesting song I didn't know... it seemed a bit like Smashing Pumpkins, but in particular, the structure of the vocal lines remind me of this group I've just started listening to called The Books. This song has got a good mix of moods.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia

The Rolling Stones song was very, very cool; I love it. Maybe I should finally get an album instead of individual songs by them.
Exile on Main St. would be a fine place to start if you like Torn and Frayed.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Nice mix. I really love Toys in the Attic. Aerosmith opened with that song when I saw them and they played an absolutely amazing show. I never heard the Joe Walsh and Kinks songs but I'm really liking those as well. Not too big of a prog rock fan, though.

Can I be next?

EDIT: Sorry nevermind, reread your post.
Last edited by master at Jun 26, 2008,
Love the list. Toys in the Attic is a great high paced rock n roll song. I really dig the Joe Walsh song also. Xanadu, agree it's hands down the best Rush song. I like the Rich Robinson song, dunno why though. Great list.
Quote by highvoltage66
so whats this pink floyd guy's middle name anyway?
i really liked the rolling stones and kinks song, those bands always make songs sound awesome
Loved Xanadu and Empty Pages obviously. I've never heard that particular Kinks song before. I'll have to check out that record...
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Looks a good track list.

Can I do a CR one in a few weeks, please?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Looks a good track list.

Can I do a CR one in a few weeks, please?

Please do I was going to recommend that you do one, even if you didn't offer yourself.

We have a signup in the CR Project Discussion Sticky... you would probably be at week 7.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out