I've just added two pedals to my meagre setup - a Digitech PDS 1002 running from an adapter, and a small clone, to the existing DS1 and TU-2 tuner.

But playing through this setup, I swear my volume level was way too low, and everything seemed a little too muted. Could this just be my imagination? If not, is there anything I could do about it? More expensive patch cables? Run everything from an adapter?

Thanks for any advice!
Since you have pedals running off of batteries, that's the first place I'd check. Make sure all your batteries are still sufficiently charged.

Other than that, disconnect each pedal individually from your setup and narrow it down to see which one is causing the volume drop.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Yeh, I made sure to use fresh batteries for everything. Once I find the culprit, what would be the best fix? I'm already having to take the drop in volume in the DS1 into account.
that's why God invented true bypass.

you could always buy a looper pedal
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
that's why God invented true bypass.
...and effects loops.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
your imagination?

dude take your cord out of the first pedal and go straight into the amp to see if it is lower or not, lol??

if it is, then you seek help.. but your asking a question for something you don't even know is correct and you could easily find out.