Okay, i just wanna ask what to do now. I need to take the input jack, but it is attatched to the pickguard with two cables, and the cables, are of course, melted into the jack. Should i just pull them away? what should I do?

thanks a lot

PS: they are the blue and yellow cable. Ill be back in about an hour. THANKS A BUNCH
use a soddering iron to loosen the "melted" part of the wires... thats sodder, and should heat up again with the iron. Clean the area and remove the wires.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
do u mean soldering?
Soddering iron sounds like a gay sex toy
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

u could just pull them off if there is a bit of slack on the wires then trim the rubber edge so you have the two wires seperated from the input with a bit of only metal at the end. Do what u need to do then re-solder them on
When I was in highschool 4 or 5 years ago my history teacher crapped herself (she had a problem, she was wearing dippers and all that but damn it was retarded and funny as hell).

You could hear the farts all over the classroom, lol.
Quote by Lgndkllr777
use a soddering iron to loosen the "melted" part of the wires... thats solder, and should heat up again with the iron. Clean the area and remove the wires.

+1

I doubt the jack even disassembled will pass through into the main cavity (if its anything like the strats I've pulled apart anyway)
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
the jack should unscrew from the cover. if you're replacing the jack or something, you're gonna need do desolder/resolder. but you'll still have to unscrew the jack from the cover.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
You will need to unsolder the wires for the jack at one end or the other, no other way. And you will also need to do the same with the ground from the bridge, the black wire that disappears into the body of the guitar.
Yeah, you can cut the wires but....you'll need a soldering iron to attach them back to the jack.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
you can get a soldering iron and solder at any hardware store
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr