Ok i just need advice on what to do, and what not to do before the show, and up on stage.
This is my bands first shot at getting somewhere so i really dont wnat to screw this up!
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
Quote by KirknRandall
Ok i just need advice on what to do, and what not to do before the show, and up on stage.
This is my bands first shot at getting somewhere so i really dont wnat to screw this up!

Well, here's a tiny hint:

If you honestly are so insecure about your style that you have to come on an online forum and ask people what you should do, I don't think your band will EVER make it.

Let me just add some *SPOILER ALERT* tags to this area, because here is what this thread is going to consist of:

-Don't be nervous! Relax, take deep breathes!
-Just be yourself!
-Shred hard, dude!

Yeah, no ****ing ****. If you're looking for some major epiphany 6 hours before a show, I've got one for you: you are either going to act yourself and be accepted for what you are, or go on stage acting like some hard-ass and fail miserably. Or, you're going to act like yourself and fail miserably also.

So, this thread is useless.

/thread
We are playing our own stuff, so its kind of hard...
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
In all honesty, dont masturbate.

I learned that the hard way when I was younger.

I'm being dead serious.
just play good music.. there's not much else you can do now.. try and get the crowd involved
Quote by Starguard

If you honestly are so insecure about your style that you have to come on an online forum and ask people what you should do, I don't think your band will EVER make it.

Let me just add some *SPOILER ALERT* tags to this area, because here is what this thread is going to consist of:

-Just be yourself!
-Shred hard, dude!

Yeah, no ****ing ****. If you're looking for some major epiphany 6 hours before a show, I've got one for you: you are either going to act yourself and be accepted for what you are, or go on stage acting like some hard-ass and fail miserably. Or, you're going to act like yourself and fail miserably also.

/thread

woah, you're a dick.
Quote by Starguard

-Just be yourself!
-Shred hard, dude!

/thread

ur a douche bag
just remember, everyone watching wishes they were up there...so even if you screw up a little people wont care as much as you think...just have fun and dont put that much pressure on yourself, its not your only shot...and you should play some covers to get the crowd goin
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Don't get AIDS, that'll help.

Serious answer, just warm up before, don't have too much to drink and prepare to face the crowd

While playing, don't concentrate too hard, just let it flow, concentrate to hard & you'll get scared & mess up.
Also, move! Gig-goers don't want to see bands just stood there, they like a good show!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Hmm so relax be myself (act like a ****ing maniac)
anything i shouldnt do like from your guys' personal experience.
and im not insecure, im just wondering because i wnat to know what i should and shouldnt do from another persons experience
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
1. Don't screw up.
2. In case of fail, fap on the crowd.
3. PROFIT.
4. ????
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Starguard

-Just be yourself!
-Shred hard, dude!

/thread

Bit like yourself then. He comes on asking for advice and you give him crap? Sounds like someone is still sore about a few bad onstage experiences they had
Quote by kamikaze_74
woah, you're a dick.

yea, but he's a realistic dick..

EDIT: by realistic i mean about the thread. not about the 'you insecure, you probably suck'.
Quote by horloko
Yeah I've been told that. I foretell the future in my doodling. I kept drawing me raping my Spanish teacher. Stupid teacher got scared and told on me. I raped her for that.

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Last edited by joeyj123 at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by Starguard

-Just be yourself!
-Shred hard, dude!

/thread

Dude

Shut

up
Its your first show so your going to f**k up, theres no getting around that. Have fun and go crazy (if it suits the music), give the impression that you've done it before.
Don't worry about making mistakes, just play what you've practiced over and over again and I'm sure you'll be fine... The crowd don't really notice mistakes, as most of them may not even do music to understand theory etc... Also, some guitarists improvise upon their mistakes.

Best of luck!
just go on stage and rock out with your band not jumping around doing backflips but not be standing there like pencils thats even worse. Also have a good time, If your having a good time the audience is having a good time just remember that
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Actually, this is the song list, and yes we are playing 2 covers.

Kickstart my Heart- Motley Crue
Original
Original
Fear of the Dark- Iron Maiden
Original

so uh, what should i do in between?
please i really need help!

and Starguard, your an a-hole. i just want some advice, not to be lectured?
GEAR
Epiphone LesPaul 100
Fender FM212R 100watt
Pawn Shop Strat ripoff
Fender G-Dec
Digitech RP80

GETTING SOON
Jackson RR3 Pro Series
CFH Wah
Do a few pushups to help get the blood flowing and some nerves worked out, try to stay loose through the set, and with doing your own bands songs then realise that no one but you and your band will know where anything went wrong. and if something does go wrong don't spend more than a nano second regretting it or going "WTF did I just do"...most likely no one will notice a thing, and just carry on. And as long as you've done your part in knowing your songs completely you really shouldn't have a problem. Good luck and have fun.
Be extremly relax
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Wigert
1. Don't screw up.
2. In case of fail, fap on the crowd.
3. PROFIT.
4. ????

Fail. Keep it in the pit

just try to enjoy yourself TS. most of the people watching won't notice if you mess up a little bit unless they're musicians, and pretend you're having fun at rehearsal or something.
Just go up there, concentrate, relax, and have fun.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
bignuts20 the name says it all

Quote by SailorJeff
You can sig me all you want but I still have a small penis.

R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
dude, run for the hills?
you should be fine, youll have so many people singing along, you wont have to worry about huge mistakes at all
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold