Hi, another song that I've made which took me about 2 hours or so, not going to be a masterpiece obviously =D. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.
Thanks
Attachments:
Death Metal 1.zip
hmmm. I don't really know where to start. overall, this was really random and surprising. awesome if that is what you were going for

but truly, I didn't really find anything wrong with guitar and bass. yes, it was all over the place but also it seemed to work.

I did however have a huge problem with the drums. it seems like you got extremely carried away and forgot the most important aspect of drums. they have to keep the beat, and it was only a few times that the drums did keep the beat. to tell the truth, it sounded a lot better with drums muted. so the only thing I think you should change is the drums. give it at least some structure so the listener can feel the beat.

and all that aside, I think the drums should be turned down to 7 or 8 anyway cause they were a bit loud.

otherwise, cool song. random, yes, but still pretty cool.

could you crit the top song in my sig?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
hmmm. I don't really know where to start. overall, this was really random and surprising. awesome if that is what you were going for

but truly, I didn't really find anything wrong with guitar and bass. yes, it was all over the place but also it seemed to work.

I did however have a huge problem with the drums. it seems like you got extremely carried away and forgot the most important aspect of drums. they have to keep the beat, and it was only a few times that the drums did keep the beat. to tell the truth, it sounded a lot better with drums muted. so the only thing I think you should change is the drums. give it at least some structure so the listener can feel the beat.

and all that aside, I think the drums should be turned down to 7 or 8 anyway cause they were a bit loud.

otherwise, cool song. random, yes, but still pretty cool.

could you crit the top song in my sig?

Yeah the drums...I don't really like them either, was tired and rushed it when I've done it
I actually didn't like this song.

It sounded musically bland, lacking any outstanding qualities other than high speeds and a brutal relentlessness. But that doesn't help the fact that the riffs are overly technical, lacking heaviness or evilness, and maybe if you had did it well the relentlessness wouldn't have been bad but the way it is right now it's like an annoying ADHD kid. I would say this song is about as musically vibrant as a fluorescent light bulb. I think that next time you just need to get your ideas sorted out better, and work on making something musically enjoyable instead of just aiming to be br00tal and t3knikal. I think though that you do probably have songwriting skill, you just aren't showcasing it very well.

Overall for this song I give you a 4/10. Please remember, this is constructive criticism, I'm not attempting to flame you or make you feel bad.

You can check out any of my songs, if you're a fan of death metal you might enjoy the 2nd and 3rd links.
So if you made this song, I presume you can play this too...
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group