Hello. This is xSwank7x. I recieved a very beginner Epiphone Special SG electric for Christmas 2007. I then went on, with practice, to a beautiful $300 Takamine GS340S acoustic guitar and am now looking for some help. I would like everyone to post some songs that are easy to play, very known, and of course fun. I welcome all suggestions.

Note: ((Songs can be in any tuning and I do have "PowerTab"))

Note: ((If in wrong forum, Mods, please remove))

Note: ((Songs that I have already learned include))

Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Posion
Knockin' On Heavens Door - Guns N' Roses
Needle In The Damaged Done - Neil Young
Sweet Child O' Mine (chords) - Guns N' Roses
Never Too Late - Three Days Grace

Just Learned:

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

Thank You.
Last edited by xSwank7x at Jun 27, 2008,
Hey, welcome to UG .

There's a forum here called Guitar & Bass Basics, which is just what it says on the tin. Have a look at this forum for any guitar or music questions at the noob end of the spectrum (not about bands though - that's for Bands & Artists).

hey man, any punkrock songs are easy.. like green day, blink182, sum41.. stuff like that.. check it out.. it's all powerchords

also, i'd suggest learning as many chords as you can, and then you can play almost anything!
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
hey man, any punkrock songs are easy.. like green day, blink182, sum41.. stuff like that.. check it out.. it's all powerchords

also, i'd suggest learning as many chords as you can, and then you can play almost anything!

yeah learn as many as you can, it'll work wonders! if you haven't done much with barre chords, you should start there.
Thanks FightinIrishPJ. I know many chords already so it is beginning to come easily.
If you could, please use the format below to post.

Song Name:
Artist:
Difficulty:
Tuning:
Enter Sandman
Metallica
Er...2/10?
Standard

Try looking for some more Metallica, they have a lot of simple, yet very catchy riffs.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Song Name:Sunshine of your love
Artist: Cream
Difficulty: 3/10? maybe 5/10 with the solo (solo is a little tricky imo)
Tuning: standard EADGBe

everyone knows the main riff!
any nirvana songs really. ummm alot of punk. the ramones have alot of easy songs
People are strange when youre a stranger
Faces look ugly when youre alone
Women seem wicked when youre unwanted
Streets are uneven when youre down