I recently bought a triaxis, and assumed that my pod would work as a midi controller. The a,b,c,and d buttons can switch patches, but the mod, amp, and delay buttons don't change anything, and neither does the expressions pedal. Is there any existing program that can change the function of the pod, or is this something that would have to be manually programmed. Or (even worse) do the other parts of the pod only augment the signal, and are incapable of being patch switches? If you guys know of any good midi controllers that would be compatible with the triaxis (preferably those that support an expression pedal), that would be great too.

mesa triaxis: http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rackmount-Preamps/TriAxis/triaxis.html

pod xt Live: http://line6.com/podxtlive/index.html

thanks
The POD manual has all the info you need as to MIDI out. If you can change the MIDI in settings on your TriAxis that should solve it. I do remember the pedal transmits CC7 (volume).
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
How did you go with this?

I wouldn't mind having a play with my old XT Live as a midi controller and then using some of its stomp effects in front of the amp.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by StriferDiem
How did you go with this?

I wouldn't mind having a play with my old XT Live as a midi controller and then using some of its stomp effects in front of the amp.

and the funny thing, i would buy the xt live as a midi controller anyways cause it acts like a 1000 dollor midi switcher but its only 500 and as a plus it comes with effects :P
so you can use it to control program and cc changes as well as the effects? Nice.

I'm assuming it that program changes are the same as changing the patches on the XT Live, and CC changes are done by using the effects buttons? So you could set the "Delay" button on the XT Live to turn on and off the delay on a G-Major. Just set the delay level on the XT live to 0 so you don't get it's delay?
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I tested this last night and it works surprisingly well!

I set it up to change patches on the g-major as well as send cc messages. You can also still use the effects on the xt live at the same time. I turned down all the reverbs/delays/mods, but kept the stomp effects. Was nice being able to change patches on the gmajor as well as turn on a screamer or OD in front of the amp all with the one device.

+1 for the xt live as a midi controller.
TC Electronics G Major
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I know this is thread necromancy but I'm trying to use my Podxt to do some midi stuff (which I have no experience in). Basically, I want to be able to play guitar in a live situation and then use my podxt to perhaps trigger commands on my DAW, like start stop, tempo etc... Is this possible?