Ok so i was think about getting a new guitar. I've look all over the internet for good acoustic guitars. But i dont know what to get.

Does anyone have any idea of what guitar i should get. I was wanting an ibanez since they make good guitar for good prices. I wanna spend around $200-$500
Quote by Lil Macker
Please tell me he's not from The Pit. That place changes people...

*shudders*
*Steers guitarpwn3 over the "What Guitar Under $300" stickied post*

I wouldn't go for an Ibanez acoustic...
Quote by iAmGuitarist
*Steers guitarpwn3 over the "What Guitar Under $300" stickied post*

I wouldn't go for an Ibanez acoustic...

How about a Taylor
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
is it any good??

and like how much
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Oh, the Epiphone Masterbilt Series...

I know both of these guitars are great, and the Masterbilt series is highly praised around here.

I think they can run from $450 to a little over $500.
ok thanks but im going to look around for something a little less
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Dude, i had a aef30e and that guitar was alright. Aef30e costed me $450! Ibanez are definitely not known for acoustics. Please invests your money in a real acoustic company who devotes all their efforts toward the acoustics. Three of my favorite companies are taylor, breedlove, and martins.

OH! You might love the seagulls, especially the s6. These guitars are amazing for the price. All solid wood with no laminated tops or backs etc.
I would really recommend the Masterbilt series by Epiphone. You can get one for like 450...I myself am going shopping this weekend for an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M and am gonna try out the EF-500M. Both are excellent guitars from what I've gather and they'd be in your price range. I really think you should try one out.

EDIT: ^ To the guy above me, I agree with him but for the Taylors and Martins I wouldn't really go for as seeing your on a lowish budget. You are paying for the name on the headstock for any martin under 1000$. Please don't buy an Ibanez acoustic, they really don't do well in the Acoustic section of their line. But yah any good quality guitar with all solid wood should be good.
Last edited by Antibiotics101 at Jun 25, 2008,
I agree with the guy above me. But, really? Go to to guitar center and try every gutiar in your price range. Its all comes to preference. A guitar everyone likes might not be what you like. Choose what feels right.
yea i am going to go to my guitar center tomorrow and try some out. i just hope they have some good sounding ones. and i only said i wanted an ibanez is cause my friend has one and the sound quality sounded good.
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Quote by guitarpwn3
yea i am going to go to my guitar center tomorrow and try some out. i just hope they have some good sounding ones. and i only said i wanted an ibanez is cause my friend has one and the sound quality sounded good.

It may sound good to you, but to a trained ear it would sound horrible. Trust me there better guitars out there in the price range than Ibanezes. Whtaever you do thouhgh, get an ALL solid wood acoustic. much better sound
I'm not a fan of the lower end Martins and Taylors. Let me rephrase that. Don't get an overpriced Baby Taylor or starter Martin.

One of the biggest things to look for in an acoustic is a solid top. You might not find too many all solids in your price range but you can find some solid tops. makes a big diff. Also, if you plan on keeping the guitar for a few years it will only age if its a solid.

Guitar Center will have some acoustics but you'll have much better luck finding acoustics at ma and pa shops. Don't buy before you test drive some Seagulls. I think they're the hawtest things out right now.
at your price range. here's what TO AVOID.

Taylor, Martin, Ovation, and Ibanez(at any price).

Low end taylors, martins and ovations are just plain bad for the price. taylors and martins are overpriced and poorly made in some cases. low end ovations are also not so well built.

Ibanez just makes bad acoustic guitars. Period. Ibanez electric guitars are wonderful, but that's as far as they go.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i went and talked to my guitar guy today

and he said the best thing that he had there was this schecter
i dont know what model but i am looking at the website to find out

but my question is are they any good
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Quote by Free Time
a schecter acoustic? wtf?

yea they make them
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Quote by guitarpwn3
is it any good??

and like how much

If that is the taylor i played, it was awesome. I heard people complaining that it has a thin sound but it sounded good to me. And i believe it was like 450 at GC.
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
phishead42

look it up on the website and tell me what model
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Trust me guitrapwn3. Any new taylor under about $1500 is NOT worth buying. The wood is not solid wood. You'd just be getting ripped off. It may sound nice, but you still have to consider whether or not it's worth buying. that particular taylor is not worth buying.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Trust me guitrapwn3. Any new taylor under about $1500 is NOT worth buying. The wood is not solid wood. You'd just be getting ripped off. It may sound nice, but you still have to consider whether or not it's worth buying. that particular taylor is not worth buying.

what brand do you prefer
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Sorry I'm a little lost. Can you clarify what your price range is? You originally said it was between $200 and $500. Then someone suggested an Epi Masterbilt (amazing guitars for the price, by the way), but you said that was too much even though some of them fall within the original price range you quoted.
Quote by Cheers
Sorry I'm a little lost. Can you clarify what your price range is? You originally said it was between $200 and $500. Then someone suggested an Epi Masterbilt (amazing guitars for the price, by the way), but you said that was too much even though some of them fall within the original price range you quoted.

no i said 200 through 500. and about the epi i only said that cause the ones i thought were good were over my price range
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Quote by guitarpwn3
no i said 200 through 500. and about the epi i only said that cause the ones i thought were good were over my price range

The AJ-500M, DR-500M and EF-500M are all 500$ and below if I'm not mistaken. The Masterbilts have an extremely good reputation and they have models for everyone's playing style. The AJ and DR are dreadnought stylish, and EF has a wider nut for a fingerpicking style.
anitbiotics-

ohh
but theres a problem with me getting one of those
my "guitar center" only a few acoustic guitars and they didnt have any. but they had a hummingbird epi which i hear is very good and i thought so too. and they had this schecter sw-3500 that i liked.

but i want your opinion which is better
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*
Last edited by guitarpwn3 at Jun 26, 2008,
Quote by guitarpwn3
anitbiotics-

ohh
but theres a problem with me getting one of those
my "guitar center" only a few acoustic guitars and they didnt have any. but they had a hummingbird epi which i hear is very good and i thought so too. and they had this schecter sw-3500 that i liked.

but i want your opinion which is better

I've heard a couple good things about the epi hummingbird. its has a solid spruce top and full mahogany body so you cant go wrong there. it all comes down to personal preference though. i am a big fan of schecter as well but i've never had a chance to try their acoustic line. if you wanted an acoustic-electric more than just and acoustic then try the schecter. its all up to personal pref though i cant really say what you like xD. good luck findin your guitar though
Quote by guitarpwn3
what brand do you prefer

Well... here's the problem. You can't just buy a guitar by brand. You also have to take into account the price range. At your price, Seagulls, Normans, Simon & Patrick, Art & Lutherie, and Epiphone's Masterbilt series are where the deals are at. Very few companies make guitars that suit all price ranges(In fact, none that I can think of). Like taylor, martin doesnt make good low end guitars either. Big brands dont guarantee good value.
Equipment:

thanks for your help everyone

i think going to look at the guitar center in SC when i go since they have alot more to choose from
Quote by Lil Macker

*shudders*