I have been looking mostly at dunlops. But a lot seem to like schaller. Which of these is better, or is there much difference? Also, is there some other brand that is better?
Quote by Iceman 420
Schaller. Or beer bottle caps.

what he said
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
make your own two washers 1 bid plastic(bottle ca size)and a smaller steel one to keep the screw from pulling through the larger one.
LP mod thingy

buy guitars please, need money for RGR420ex
Member No.18 of the 'Yes I am Irish and no more Leprechaun jokes please'
"Member #9 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club. PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join"
i bought some hennesy ones form a local sam ash, try out some of those, ive been whipping my guitar around and no problems yet
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
i dropped my bass about a month ago so i went out and got the dunlop ones for $40.bit expensive but they do the job.don't make em yourself though!
1st question: is there something about the schallers im not seing? They look like they just have a horseshoe shape that goes under the button.

2nd: are the hennesseys low profile enuff to fit in to case easily?

3rd: how are the ernie balls?
answer to first question: durability and reliability.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
nothing is good. strap locks will **** up your wood and the hole the button is screwed onto.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by krumpinjugger
i dropped my bass about a month ago so i went out and got the dunlop ones for $40.bit expensive but they do the job.don't make em yourself though!

wtf.... i could swear i bought mine for 15 bucks.

i have the dunlop in my sg and the schaller in my les paul. their both really good. as for the wood you don't have to worry about damaging the guitar. personally i perfer the schaller cause the dunlop uses 3 tiny balls for locking, while the schaller uses saddles. but both of them have reliability. i guess the only difference would be price.
I prefer Dunlops. They are harder to put together and imo, don't latch quite as well, but they are MUCH MUCH MUCH less likely to strip out your strap hole due to the screw being longer and having coarser threads compared to the Schallers mounting screw. That said, I've never had Dunlops fail when I put them on right.