|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|--3-----------2---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-------------------------------2-------------2----------------2----0------------0-------
|------0------------0--------------0--------------0-----------------------4--------------
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|----------3-------------3--------------3---------------3--------------------------------

anyone know what key and scale?
Quote by gtrplyr
|--3-----------2---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|-------------------------------2-------------2----------------2----0------------0-------
|------0------------0--------------0--------------0-----------------------4--------------
|----------3-------------3--------------3---------------3--------------------------------

anyone know what key and scale?

G lydian
D Major
B minor

depends on the context.

is this an original? part of a cover song?
shred is gaudy music
ya this is something i just played a minute ago and had no idea what key or scale to improv with it thanks
+1 on lydian

That dronning G note makes me think its an implied harmony. That riff over an implied static G bass note means lydian.
Quote by demonofthenight
+1 on lydian

That dronning G note makes me think its an implied harmony. That riff over an implied static G bass note means lydian.

That's what I thought at first but after playing it, it sounds like it really wants to resolve to D major.