I just need help, i have the lyrics down, and i cool guitar part to it, but how do i mix them together.
play the guitar part over and over and try to fit the lyrics in there. the hardest part about writing a song is fitting the lyrics into the song. in my opinion of course. you'll change the lyrics quite a bit before you settle on something you like.
I generally write lyrics with a musical melody already in mind....or I write music with lyrics already in mind. It varies from person to person. That's what makes it so fun.

Anyhow...its a growing process. Chances are you'll have to change small parts of your lyrics or your riff to fit.

If you're really happy with the riff than try to modify your lyrics to fit. If you're really happy with the lyrics than modify the riff a bit.

The first couple of times you try it.....don't think about it to much....go with feeling. Once you have something that works than work on editing.

Hope this helped
I agree with yearzero but I'd also add that if you feel your riff and lyrics are equally good then you may want to end up with two seperate songs. Chopping bits up to fit doesn't always work as some quality may be lost. Not always, but it's worth bearing in mind. You can always use your riff in a different part of the song. Maybe switch your verse, chorus or bridge riffs around? Keep fiddlin'!
Quote by strawforest007
I agree with yearzero but I'd also add that if you feel your riff and lyrics are equally good then you may want to end up with two seperate songs. Chopping bits up to fit doesn't always work as some quality may be lost. Not always, but it's worth bearing in mind. You can always use your riff in a different part of the song. Maybe switch your verse, chorus or bridge riffs around? Keep fiddlin'!

Also very true....

If you have a vocal melody or a riff that you can't seem to fit don't worry that just means you have a starting point for your next song.
Quote by yearzero
I generally write lyrics with a musical melody already in mind....or I write music with lyrics already in mind. It varies from person to person. That's what makes it so fun.

Anyhow...its a growing process. Chances are you'll have to change small parts of your lyrics or your riff to fit.

If you're really happy with the riff than try to modify your lyrics to fit. If you're really happy with the lyrics than modify the riff a bit.

The first couple of times you try it.....don't think about it to much....go with feeling. Once you have something that works than work on editing.

Hope this helped

thx bro, just they sorta dont fit together ill work on both much more, ive been workin on this for almost a month .
well this are my lyrics

Every time that I think of you

Love is the strongest thing

That tends to come out of me

Because of you…….

I wake up every night

Thinking when I get to see you

Again!!

When I see your face

I melt into a million pieces

Million pieces drafted to

The soul in my heart

Ill give anything to see you again

My heart just don't feel right, When your not there

When I see you smile I break down inside

You smile keeps me, back in my feet

Nothing would ever change what u mean to me.

Because of you…….

I wake up at night

Thinking

Im nothing witout your love

And how I get lost in my mind

Searching for sweet memories

Of me and you.

When I see your face

I melt into a million pieces

Million pieces drafted to

The soul in my heart

Because of you ….

I found happiness.
What kind of style are you going for?
That will make a huge difference with how your words work with your music.

You could also try experimenting with your voice a bit

You could extend your syllables on the verses (I do this a lot)

Instead of Ev-er-y

You could stretch out the word and get everyyyyyyyyyy
or even eeeeeeeeevery

You could do this for pretty much any word you want. Maybe try turning one syllable into 2 or 2 syllables into 1

Likewise you can do the same thing with your music, maybe strum that chord one or two more times, or slow the whole progression down.
i kinda want it to be acoustic, or if not more like hands down from dashboard confessional. i wrote the song for a girl i really like. i would show u the riff i got but i dont kno how to upload it.
i think it's much harder to put music to lyrics than to put lyrics to already written music.

try to build up some sort of chord progression that falls around your riff and emulates the basic beat/rhythm of the song.

then try and mold/shape your lyrics into a melody and sing it along with your chords. then add your riff into the mix. that's what i've done when i first came up with lyrics before music.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's