The UG Gigs Calendar has been moved over to the promote your band forum. Hopefully it will take off over there. I have also ensured i wont run out of space

LINK

Bands That Featured:

The Loud - (tubyboulin)
Sons Of Exile - (maggot9779)
One Fictitious Day (sumguy67)
The Wishbones (yogurt_overdose)
Symmetry (symmetry4321)
The Unashamed (Fei Rei)
Slack Babbath (SlackerBabbath)
Tanicus (epitaph0x)
Dust To Ashes emr_steelmech
The Rangels (emr_steelmech)
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Jul 16, 2008,
August 6th - Varsity Venue - Wolverhampton
£4 entry - 19:00
Bands playing: Sons Of Exile, Immortal Rise, Reign Of Fear + more

August 15th - Madhouse Bar - Birmingham
£4 entry - 19:00
Bands confirmed: Sons of Exile, Adust, Akrya

November 8th - Bear Tavern - Birmingham
£5 entry - 20:00
Bands playing: Sons of Exile, TBA

Hope to see some of you guys there

Edit: Ok i'll put them on too
Last edited by maggot9779 at Jun 25, 2008,
I forgot to put it in my original post..... You dont have a cost of entry by any chance do you?? If you dont and find out later then come back to me!

Come to think of it a time would be good aswell!
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Jun 25, 2008,
July 26th - Big Mama's Karaoke Cafe's Battle of the Bands.
Seymour, TN 8:00 pm $5
Bands Playing: The Unashamed, TBA

EDIT:

www.myspace.com/theunashamedknoxville Thanks, I did not realize I forgot a link.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Last edited by FeiRei at Jun 26, 2008,
Im guessing those are the right links Fei Rei? You wouldnt have a better link for your band?. Something with some recorded material if possible??
Ok here's a bunch of mine, shouldn't the calender at least be split up into UK/US? Especially if it does catch on:

19/07 - The Pudding & Pye - Wimborne (Bournemouth) - Free
24/07 - The Rydal Arms - New Milton (Nr Bournemouth) - Free
26/07 - Belushi's - Newquay - Free
29/07 - The Opera House (Supporting Xavier Rudd!) - Bournemouth - £16
31/07 - The Barn/Milton Arms - Southsea (Portsmouth) - Free
01/08 - The Wheatsheaf - New Milton (Nr Bournemouth) - Free
02/08 - The Railway Inn - Blandford - Free
07/08 - The Winchester - Bournemouth - £2
15/08 - The Salisbury Arms - Christchurch (Bournemouth) - Free
12/09 - Pointy Field Faust Fest - Ringwood - £32(Weekend) £17(Day)
20/09 - The Ropemakers - Bridport - Free

That should bulk out the calender a bit

Our myspace is www.myspace.com/thewishbones

Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
One more:

July 19th
St Georges Church
Kirkside Road SE 10

£3 tickets on the door

Anyone who knows where this is, you are more than welcome to come along
Quote by maggot9779
Here's another one.

July 5th - Springstock Festival - Birmingham
£5 entry - 15:00
Bands playing: Sons Of Exile, TBA

I cant get a link for that festival... are you sure its the right spelling etc. Theres a jazz festival on at the same tie. Is it the same thing??. If you have a link it would be great!

Quote by Symmetry4321
One more:

July 19th
St Georges Church
Kirkside Road SE 10

£3 tickets on the door

Anyone who knows where this is, you are more than welcome to come along

I found like 9 different churches in SE10...... it's london right??? none of them wer called st georges............. is it the right name for definite?... can you fix me up with a link d'ya think??

Quote by Tubyboulin
Uhh

July 1st. Arnprior, Ontario. Robert Simpson Park. Free entry i think

Im in the band "The Loud" And we are playing sometime between 1-3 P.M

Any link for your band by any chance.... Ur UG one is a different name... thats not it by any chance is it??
*reserved*
I live in New Zealand so i doubt anyone will see this but Im organising a show soon for my band a few others to play at, havn't got any details yet.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quazfest VII

Slack Babbath
I.C.O.N.
Charley Sez...
In Memorium
Urvile Jacket
Night Politics (formaly Nitro)
Plus, Astral Circus.

Sat. 9th Aug.
2pm till late.
Kestrel Suite, Cow Lane, Burnley.
Tickets £6 each (£7 on the door)

Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by maggot9779
Yea, it's the same thing

Here's the link: http://www.springstock.net/SpringStock08/HOME.html

*linked*

That looks pretty cool. My band are playing at a similar thing in Northern Ireland in august. Dont know if its the saturday or sunday yet tho so i cant add it. Just one thing. The link says the date is the 5th of April(my birthday) but ur saying the 5th of July. Is there more than one thing a year or whats the story??
Quote by jimmy_neutron
*linked*

That looks pretty cool. My band are playing at a similar thing in Northern Ireland in august. Dont know if its the saturday or sunday yet tho so i cant add it. Just one thing. The link says the date is the 5th of April(my birthday) but ur saying the 5th of July. Is there more than one thing a year or whats the story??

I'm pretty sure the date is right. Our manager gave us the date and he's intouch with the promoters so i'm guessing they just have to update the website or I have the wrong Springstock lol

I'll try and find the right website for it.

Not bad for our first gig eh? lol
*fixed*

Ya its a pretty sweet gig alright. Our first gig that isnt a birthday is the fermanagh one.
about 300miles from where we are actually based lol!

VIBE FEST 2008 (The Enniskillen Festival)

This summer Vibe FM will host the most unique and exciting music event 2008 will see! The biggest unsigned showcase concert in Ireland will take place over two packed days - just like a lovely big music sandwich!

Put 16th & 17th August in your diary and don’t miss it.

Showcasing acts and groups from all over Ireland and the UK, this unique event takes place in the centre of Enniskillen on a full size outdoor stage with live coverage all weekend on Vibe FM and up to 36 other stations throughout Ireland (also streamed over the net worldwide!)

Running alongside the music filled weekend are many other attractions including the world wakeboarding championships, being held a stone’s throw from the main music stage on the beautiful Lough Erne. The Wakeboarding Championships drew a crowd of over 5,000 people last year, a number which is likely to be doubled this year with Vibe Fest strolling into town! A full funfair along with food stalls will also add to the carnival style festival event.

Among the happy festival goers you might just see a few well known faces dotted throughout the crowd because there are guests flying in from the UK to compère the event along with the dozens of popular acts.

Keep checking the Vibe FM and Vibe Unsigned websites for more information between now and the Festival date:

5000 people. Kinda daunting! hah
Quote by jimmy_neutron

Any link for your band by any chance.... Ur UG one is a different name... thats not it by any chance is it??

Haha no, My UG band is NOT my real band. that was me, a drummer and a guitarist acting cool haha.

We dont have a website or anything really, sorry. We have some Youtube Videos of us but thats really about it If you want info for the gig, the Crush Luther myspace lists the shows details. were playing right before them
Heres a few huge shows my band TANICUS has coming up:

07/25/2008 07:45 PM - Whiskey A Go-Go
8901 Sunset Blv.
West Hollywood, California 90069
US
Cost:12.00$

08/02/2008 08:00 PM - Marquee Theatre w/ Atomic Punks, Voodoo.
730 N Mill Ave
Tempe, Arizona 85281
US
Cost:$10.00 PRE-SALE
Description:Parking: $5.00
Depending on how much energy you want to put in this, here's our myspace link:

www.myspace.com/dust2ashes

www.myspace.com/therangels

you can fill in all the dates yourself or I'll do it when im back from vacation in a couple weeks. Great thread btw. cheerio.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
ok i edited in all the new info.....

Keep your eyes on this thread..... i foolishly didnt realise that i might run out of space in my first post and now any new gigs to be posted officially have no space!. Don't be deterred though!. Keep posting im gonna go talk to the mods and see what can be done. We might have to start a new thread again. Im not too sure. I'll keep it all updated here!

Also, it just struck me there that it would be a good idea to state whether or not your gig is for all ages to prevent disappointment!

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE!! PUT LINKS IN YOUR SIGS
Okay so the thread has been moved over into promote your band, hopefully itll take off faster over there, plus i have ensured that i wont run out of space this time

So i guess a mod can close this if they like, ill put a link to the new thread in the original post, and i will check this thread until it is closed in case anyone posts in here