I am saving up to get a RR3 right now. I have only played the RR24, but I need to know if the RR3 sounds good on clean, or if I might have to do some pickup modifications. Thanks.
Quote by carlos_almighty
I am saving up to get a RR3 right now. I have only played the RR24, but I need to know if the RR3 sounds good on clean, or if I might have to do some pickup modifications. Thanks.

I have one and I think it sounds fine on clean. But I really don't play without distortion often.
I has.
The cleans are much better than the RR24, because the RR3 comes with JB/Jazz pickups, which are passive and sound amazing clean
ohai little sig.
I owned one not to long ago and it sounds alright with the neck pickup.
The bridge pickup is a bit too treble-y (See signature).
However, one man's clean is another man's....uh...well, you get the picture.
Won't know till you try it.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
The pickup config on the RR3 is great, especially with the JB+jazz which give a good clean tone.
Overall a great guitar.
I heard the upper access sucks and the FR will **** up after a year.Anyone here has experienced anything like that?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
No I have no problem with upper fret access. But then I guess it may be because my entire hand fits almost all the way around at the 22nd fret.