Page 1 of 3
Inspired by "The Midwest" thread. The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Louisiana, Arkansas, and (even though a 'southern pride' maniac would say otherwise) Kentucky. Discuss the southeast here. Just rememeber, not everyone is a redneck.

My opener: As much as I love Alabama, I do wish Birmingham was bigger so more bands I like would come here. As high as gas prices are getting it's harder to go to Atlanta for alot of the shows I like.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Last edited by AnoKid09 at Jun 29, 2008,
I live in Atlanta.

Cool.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I, Anh Dung Pham, of Vietnam am here to RECLAIM WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS. Yes, I am here to reclaim what you simple folks are calling Southeast.

You don't know Southeast bro. Call back when you come to my hood in 'Nam bro. AZN PRIDE

See what I did thar?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Florida. i love it here. no matter how ****ing hot it gets or the extremely random, come out of nowhere thunderstorms every other hour.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Ahh, you don't see very many sights like this anywhere else.

Taken in Guntersville.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by Vanquish
I live in Atlanta.

Cool.

I live in Suwanee.

I don't really like it here. I moved from NY a few years ago, and its just weird. I haven't had real pizza in years. And the Chinese food here is ****. Panda Express? What the hell is that?
Quote by AnoKid09
Inspired by "The Midwest" thread. The states of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and (even though a 'southern pride' maniac would say otherwise) Kentucky. Discuss the southeast here. Just rememeber, not everyone is a redneck.

My opener: As much as I love Alabama, I do wish Birmingham was bigger so more bands I like would come here. As high as gas prices are getting it's harder to go to Atlanta for alot of the shows I like.

Dude I live in Birmingham, and I agree we dont get very many good bands through here they all bypass to Atl. what part of town do you live in?
Quote by Ryker24
Dude I live in Birmingham, and I agree we dont get very many good bands through here they all bypass to Atl. what part of town do you live in?

Ahh, I live in Moody. You've probably heard of it. It's right next to B'ham.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
I live about 60 miles west of Atlanta. We're called being in the "Metro Atlanta Area", but, really, we're REALLY far from it. =P I've lived here all of my life, basically. We moved away from my hometown for three years, but we've been back for almost two years.

Anyway, I like it here....... kinda. I REALLY want a change. The only thing that would really keep me here is friends, family, and the comfort of knowing my surroundings so well.

Otherwise, I don't like a lot of the people, it's a breeding ground for Southern Baptist crazies, and I hate the weather. The winters are nice, but there's never snow and there's always that change of it being 60 degrees or so on Christmas.

I don't know. That'll be a decision I make in the next few years.

For the time being, though, it's not so bad that I ALWAYS want out, so I'm content.

Quote by The_Paranoia
I live in Suwanee.

I don't really like it here. I moved from NY a few years ago, and its just weird. I haven't had real pizza in years. And the Chinese food here is ****. Panda Express? What the hell is that?

Dude, you live in Suwanee and haven't had good Chinese, yet? You just aren't looking good enough.

But, yeah, I can understand the pizza thing. What I call "good pizza" is more than likely utter shit compared to what NY has.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jun 25, 2008,
I live like 10 minutes outside of Atlanta.
Above everything else, the music scene here is the worst.
Metalcore/deathcore bands spring up everywhere.
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
I live like 10 minutes outside of Atlanta.
Above everything else, the music scene here is the worst.
Metalcore/deathcore bands spring up everywhere.

What city? o_O

Saxo-Walrus

Dude, you live in Suwanee and haven't had good Chinese, yet? You just aren't looking good enough.

But, yeah, I can understand the pizza thing. What I call "good pizza" is more than likely utter shit compared to what NY has.
Go to NY, eat Chinese there, come back, and eat it here. I just cant get used to it....

Also the Southeast has a lack of rolls with poppy seeds on it. In NY we ALWAYS ate eggs on a roll with poppy seeds on them. Amazing. Here in the south there is no such thing as poppy seeded rolls.

Or bagels. No good bagel places. We have an OK one that I go to. But its like a 15 minuet drive. In NY there was a bagel store on every street.
Quote by Dreadnought
South Florida represent!

I was on the beach a pretty good bit south of Tampa on Christmas day. That was a wicked experience for me.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by The_Paranoia
Go to NY, eat Chinese there, come back, and eat it here. I just cant get used to it....

Also the Southeast has a lack of rolls with poppy seeds on it. In NY we ALWAYS ate eggs on a roll with poppy seeds on them. Amazing. Here in the south there is no such thing as poppy seeded rolls.

Or bagels. No good bagel places. We have an OK one that I go to. But its like a 15 minuet drive. In NY there was a bagel store on every street.

Yeh, I can see how much of a change it would be.

Even though I would be in heaven in NY if I moved there, in terms of food, places to go, etc. it would still be hard to get used to.
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Woodstock.
Its right off I-75. You?

Douglasville. I-20 runs straight through us.

I just didn't know how close you were, and in what direction.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by rigiddigits
Aww, I thought you meant the South East of England.

+1, CAMBRIDGE!
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
So, does anyone have a favorite SEC football team?

ROLL TIDE! (Even if we aren't as good as we used to be....)
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
I made the MidWest thread, live in the MidWest, but was born in North Carolina (Wilmington).
Quote by AnoKid09

Meh, I like UGA simply because it's the only team I like from Georgia.

In all honesty, I'm a Michigan fan.

*shrugs*

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by Aussieloco
I made the MidWest thread, live in the MidWest, but was born in North Carolina (Wilmington).

I made this thread, and for a few years I lived in South Dakota. Sweet coincidence.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
South FLorida FTW biatches.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Quote by rigiddigits
Aww, I thought you meant the South East of England.

So did I, I was all raged up and ready for a huge rant about how **** Kent is too.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Quote by Vanquish
I live in Atlanta.

Cool.

Marietta isn't Atlanta!!!
Marietta is Atlanta's rich cousin!!!!

I would like to comment on the allure and near perfection of the southern belle. Intellegence, class and the ACCENT. I mean, i like accents on girls period, particularly New York and English (4rm england) but a girl with a slight southern drawl (on no way approaching red neck status) is just soooooooooo irrrreeesssiiissstableeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by fallenangel20
Anyway, I like it here....... kinda. I REALLY want a change. The only thing that would really keep me here is friends, family, and the comfort of knowing my surroundings so well.

Otherwise, I don't like a lot of the people, it's a breeding ground for Southern Baptist crazies, and I hate the weather. The winters are nice, but there's never snow and there's always that change of it being 60 degrees or so on Christmas.

I feel pretty much the same way. To be honest, I dislike Georgia very much. I live in Warner Robins, pretty much in the dead center of Georgia, and It's pretty boring. But I do love my family and friends and like you said, the comfort of knowing my surroundings.

But as for religious crazies, all we get at our house is a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses! And I USED to like winter, until this past one, where it would hit High 80's here in the middle of January.

Quote by AnoKid09

I live in Georgia, but I HATE EVERY SPORTS TEAM IN GEORGIA. Except for my hometown, WORLD CHAMPION, WRALL!

Gators and 'Canes all the way!
Quote by KOL40

I would like to comment on the allure and near perfection of the southern belle. Intellegence, class and the ACCENT. I mean, i like accents on girls period, particularly New York and English (4rm england) but a girl with a slight southern drawl (on no way approaching red neck status) is just soooooooooo irrrreeesssiiissstableeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who lives in Marietta. She can be a real bitch sometimes...but ANYWHO!

Yes, a southern drawl on a girl is a beautiful thing.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Quote by KOL40

Haha, I don't like Southern Accents at all. But when it comes to English accents, Ooh boy, am I in Heaven!
Ugh. I really dislike the Southern accent now. I mean, I can tolerate it, but I certainly don't enjoy being around it too much, since I'm around it ALL THE TIME.

And it's all of its versions, as well.

Savannah accent? Kill me now. For all who don't know this accent, Paula Deen has it..... Yeah.

Casual Southern? Sure. I can deal with it more than the others, but I can't be around it a long time.

Rural Southern? Just...... no.

I'm just glad none of my family members have a REALLY noticable accent. It's there, at times, but it's not dominant.

Saxo-Walrus

^ But the southern belle accent is a totally diffrent accent. I know that sounds weird, but it's there. As for me, I don't have a southern accent. Well...I've been told I have one when I get mad...
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Ehh.... I don't really like the "Southern Belle", either. I just don't like any of it, really. It's never been appealing to me.

*shrugs*

I, personally, don't have an accent at all. There's times where it'll kind of slip out, but it's not a lot.

Saxo-Walrus

South Florida (Davie, actually). Hot as ****, year 'round
Quote by by metallicafan616

is pent scale just

-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-
-5-7-
-5-7-
-5-8-

phail
Quote by 4e574e57363g

and how the fuck do i treat ant bites on my dickhead?!?
Well, to each his own opinon. I'm willing to be you've said "y'all" before. Even if not with an accent. I say it....

I really like southern food too. We're the only people with REAL sweet tea!
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
tennessee here, south of nashville aka music city bitches
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
reppin the 757 in virginia beach
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by AnoKid09
Well, to each his own opinon. I'm willing to be you've said "y'all" before. Even if not with an accent. I say it....

I really like southern food too. We're the only people with REAL sweet tea!

Never in my LIFE would I say "y'all". My dad has a tendency to put on a southern accent when he is around "Country folk".

But this one time in my spanish class, the teacher asked what some spanish word meant in English, and EVERYONE in the class said "Y'all". I wanted to cry.
the best southern food has to be a fresh smithfield ham. with some brunswick stew and corn puddin on the side.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah