well, after searching there were two threads in A/I that both had not a single reply which I found very odd so I created a new thread here....

but I heard of these guys from a friend. apparently they're pretty big too because on their myspace there's stuff about their single on TRL.

but anyways, I've heard like 2 songs so far but they are pretty addicting. Love Me Dead is an especially addicting song with a pretty sweet guitar solo although the song sounds very familiar as if there is a stolen melody or something. *shrug*

but anyone like them? if so, could you recommend me some good albums cause it seems like they're pretty old....I'll definately buy "You're Awful, I Love You" though.

Discuss I guess?

Edit: I was wrong. according to wikipedia they are only a couple years old and apparently don't have any other albums besides an EP and a rock opera and a christmas cd.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jun 25, 2008,
Ludo? Like the character from the Labyrinth?
I plays guitars.
well that's apparently where they got their name so I guess yes.

really? the verses were sortof ehhh, but I really loved the chorus at least.

While I'm not one to really delve into the pop-punk genre, I'm really enjoying these guys. I heard "Love Me Dead" while flipping through the music channels, and I thought it was extremely catchy. It actually reminded me of something in a modern Broadway musical, which I thought was neat, because I really enjoy that stuff...but I digress. I picked up their latest album, and I like what I'm hearing. "Drunken Lament" is catchy as well, especially the bridge--that's a really good beat that swings really well. Also, I'm a sucker for Moogs, haha. Their lyrics are also pretty inventive, ranging from clever to flat-out funny.

That's my two cents...I haven't posted in the UG forums for years, it's good to be back .
Quote by cobain_is_king
I once jizzed in my cupped hands, my mum came in the room so I put my hands against my face and pretended to cry...never again.
I freaking love this band. Heard "Love Me Dead" on the radio and loved it. Then I bought all three of there albums.

Good songs

From "You're Awful, I Love You":

"Love Me Dead"
"Drunken Lament"
"Go-Getter Greg"
"Lake Pontchartrain"

From "Ludo"

"Saturday Night Thunderbolt"
"Good Will Hunting By Myself"

They are also coming to my town and my favorite local band is opening for them. It should be awesome.
Lucky you, but seriously Ludo dosen't have a song i dislike. The ones i think are the best are Topeka, Go Getter Greg, and Lake Pontchartrain.
Ive only heard one of their songs, but it struck me as bland, generic pop-rock. Then again, there are worse examples of bland, generic pop-rock.
a friend made me listen to
"goodwill hunting by myself"
and it was love at first verse, then i found
"you're aweful, I love you"
at the store and thought, why the hell not, so i bought it and can't stop listening to it. i know they have a self titled CD but other that that i'm not sure, i'll waiting and watching for a new CD though thats needless to say. The music is good, but his voice is Effin' AMAZING! i love how he can yell (not scream) and still hit his notes. There is just so much passion in his singing.
i.e. Lake Pontchartrain and Love Me Dead
haha, I said I'd definitely buy it. I never did that.

I haven't really listened to these guys since the day I made this thread though...

Quote by Its_Rock77

but anyways, I've heard like 2 songs so far but they are pretty addicting. Love Me Dead is an especially addicting song with a pretty sweet guitar solo although the song sounds very familiar as if there is a stolen melody or something. *shrug*

it sounds like Mama by My Chem or Bird and the Worm by The Used. Has a dark, circus-y vibe to it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
i just discovered them like last week..i like them, they have some really catchy songs

i love the live acoustic version of love me dead.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

So, I saw them last night live, and they are really ****ing good. The singer Andrew is an extremely amazing performer. He is great to watch (funny, and adorable from a girls standpoint).

Recommended songs:
Lake Ponchartrain (my favorite song by them)
Good Will Hunting by Myself
Part I:Broken Bride
Girls on Trampolines
Go-getter Greg
Roxy
Drunken Lament

Look them up live on youtube. They sound ****ing awesome. DEFINITELY recommend seeing them live.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I've heard one song. love me dead. loved it. just gotta find the time to check out other stuff
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
dunned itttttt.

hum along = really good song
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Bump! For a band that needs more exposure. I heard Love Me Dead on the radio once, and through searching on Youtube found the Broken Bride rock opera. EPIC MUSIC. Recently I got their You're Awful, I Love You CD, and it's got its share of good and bad songs. Lake Pontchartrain is one of my favorite songs off of the CD, but Topeka has been getting plenty of plays, too. I already have 2 friends hooked on them, and i'm working on a third one.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
^^ You should listen to their self titled as well.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I'm gonna pick it up eventually. I've already heard (and love) Good Will Hunting by Myself.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
When you create a thread about a relatively unknown band, can't you atleast put a ****ing myspace link in the first post?

Isn't this the band that opened for the Brand New/TBS tour in '01 or '02?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by NuEmoMetalPunk
Love Me Dead is so annoying.

thats the only song i know by them.

theyre not too talented
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
listen to their other stuff, especially the broken bride EP.
And this is pop-punk, you expect shredding or something?

Myspace link: http://lmgtfy.com/
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300