haha i had the same urge to learn russian the other day.

best way would be to illegally download rosetta stone via bittorrent
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Ok thanks.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Weird... That exact thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
Know the russian word for 'what' wich is pretty handy.
Imagine yourself Jackhammerraped on the edge of a russian freeway.
Some mob comes to you starts jabbing like hell. what do you say?
'Kak' but with the a dashed and stuff
privet)))
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Your best bet is the 'Teach Yourself' series. You'll have seen these books before- I'm using one to learn modern Greek and they are very clear, concise and not too daunting.

Here's a list from Amazon of different books and courses. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_0?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=russian%20learning&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arussian%20learning%2Ci%3Astripbooks

Thing with Russian is...its fucking hard to pronounce. You'd probably really need to hear it to learn it well.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Thing with Russian is...its fucking hard to pronounce. You'd probably really need to hear it to learn it well.

With the Teach Yourselves series you get a CD so you can hear things being said.

That said, I probably had a headstart in modern Greek in that I already knew the alphabet and some of the words and pronunciation from my ancient Greek studies.
Thinking about it, i wasn't overaly impressed with the Rosseta Stone system. It involves showing you a picture, saying the corrosponding word, then asking you to pick 1/4 pictures for a narrated word. Unfortunatly as you get more advanced the pictures get more complicated and it becomes rather hard to tell what the word they said related to in the picture. As far as i could find there was no way of finding out what the narrated word actaully meant in english.