i was scalloping the fingerboard on my MIM strat and on the 5th fret i cut it really deep...(it comes down to just about where the neck meets the fingerboard...is this a problem???
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Agh this is why you use a sander and take your time
It could cause the fretboard to crack at the neck bends if it's too deep and you might lose some tuning stability, alongside the obvious cosmetic effect
ohai little sig.
I TOOK MY TIME!!!! haha.well this is my first time doing it and im just using a wood file...
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
it's mostly aesthetic, although the chance of cracking is probably much higher now. it's possible to take some dust and epoxy and fill it...
------

Shwiggity.
show a picture of where you went too deep... people will be better able to help you
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
ill post a pic tomorrow cause i have to get my camera
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo
**** happens...

I personally wouldn't worry about it to much... nothing you can really do about it.
Look at it this way. by the time it cracks, you will be ready for your next guitar customization project! lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^mhmm.

I personally wouldn't worry about it to much... nothing you can really do about it.
Look at it this way. by the time it cracks, you will be ready for your next guitar customization project! lol

+1!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by livrockdie
Dont you already have a thread for this?

yes......
Quote by Rush_fan2112

Quote by figsandbobo