The Epiphone Elitist Custom costs less than the Standard. Why? is the standard better?
What one should I get???
What? Last time I check, the Elitist was about twice as much as the standard.
lol I meant the Elitist standard. The Elitist standard costs bout a hundred more.
I believe he's referring to the Custom Elitist and the Standard Elitist. The Standard is more expensive by, I think, $50 on musiciansfriends.

OP - I have no clue, if anything, probably the finish of the guitar?
Quote by Vastros
but is everything the same except the Finish?

and electronics is diff.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
the top is different. the standard has flamed maple top. it's more expensive than the maple on the custom.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Besides the gold hardware on the Custom, it looks to be the same. Hell, if you search for the Elitist Goldtop, it's also $50 less than the Standard, which leads me to believe that the price difference is for the finish or the flamed maple top.
The electronics looked similar. I'm guessing it's just the finish that affects the price. The "Sunburst" finish, whatever it's called. The Custom is one color.
k... so epi elitist Standard or Epi elitist Custom or Gibson studio for an extra 100
id go for the elitist standard.they're better than some gibson studios.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Vastros
but is everything the same except the Finish?

The custom has gold hardware. I think it also has more binding or something. Some other minor differences too.
The price difference (as a few people have posted already) is simply due to the flamed maple top on the Standard Plus. Performance-wise, all the Elitist LPs (except for the Elitist Studio, the Jay Jay French Signature Elitist LP, the Tak Elitist LP, and a few other rare exceptions) are the same.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube