So I've been playing 'bout a year now and lately I've been getting this sharp pain in my left wrist... and can now only play about an hour straight sitting down and hardly 15 min. standing up (even with my guitar jacked up to beatles height). I think part of the problem is that my fingers are disgustingly short (middle finger doesn't even reach 3") and I'm having to overextend my wrist to compensate... but I really can't see any way around this. My position doesn't seem wrong, and my teacher has never commented on it... so my question is am I doing something wrong, are there any cool stretches or techniques or anything that will help, or am I just screwed?
STOP ALL YOU'RE DOING!!

If it starts hurting, STOP. ALWAYS. This is not working out where pain is good.

You need a guitar better adapted to you, a proper setup, and to relax your wrist and even fingers.

Really, really relax your playing positions.

It'll all come with practice.
i also hav it... but becouse ive broken my arm 3 times and ive needed surgery the 3 times
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Pott
STOP ALL YOU'RE DOING!!

You need a guitar better adapted to you, a proper setup, and to relax your wrist and even fingers.

This,but a pain is never good when working out. A "burn" is good,pain's always bad.
Quote by Pott
STOP ALL YOU'RE DOING!!

what would you consider a proper setup?
Quote by GreekRockr9
Seriously? 3 replies and not a single fapping joke?

TS' name is Shredderchick.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by shredderchick
what would you consider a proper setup?

Take it to a pro, explain the issue, and they'll be able to tell.

A setup that's too stiff will hurt more. You could use smaller strings too.
Quote by QuebecMetal
TS' name is Shredderchick.

Fapping knows no gender...

To reiterate what others have said, stop when it hurts, period. Speak more about it with your teacher...and you might want to look in to the possibility of carpal tunnel. Some are more susceptible than others.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
ok, is pain never ever good?
isnt it ok if you're getting to grips with a stretch?

e.g
earlier i was getting the hot for teacher intro tapping lick up to speed and i experienced a small pain in my left hand overtime, (i have really small hands. like, girl size.)
is that something to worry about?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by dark_gilbert
ok, is pain never ever good?
isnt it ok if you're getting to grips with a stretch?

e.g
earlier i was getting the hot for teacher intro tapping lick up to speed and i experienced a small pain in my left hand overtime, (i have really small hands. like, girl size.)

Small pain, probably not. TS said "sharp pain." Completely different beast.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by dark_gilbert

probably just getting used to it/ trying to speed things up too fast. Start slow.