Okay, stuck in yet another one of my ruts for various gear.

I have money right now, and I can buy one of two things: delay or new speaker.

Speaker would most likely be a Warehouse Speaker clone of the V30 or G12-65 (if you have anything to say about either, that would be GREATLY APPRECIATED).
I know that a new speaker would change the tone drastically in a good way and make my overall sound better.

Delay is between the Ibanez AD9, or one of the boss delays that I can find used.
A delay would help for certain songs, solos, and originals.

I am leaning towards the delay, but I want to hear some suggestions since this decision is going to affect my finances until next month.

Que?
sell ur crate?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by dudey5691
I've tried that, absolutely nobody is interested.

And that post didn't really address the things mentioned...

trying to get you enough money to buy both. I'd go for the delay tbh, unless the sound of the VK is enough to make you cringe
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
trying to get you enough money to buy both. I'd go for the delay tbh, unless the sound of the VK is enough to make you cringe

I know, but the Crate is only going to get me an extra $40? not much considering both would total about $200, and I only have enough for one +/- shipping.

What do you think of the delays I am thinking of? Would they do a pretty good job?
I really don't go gaga for any of those delay choices, so if it's between those and a speaker swap...I'd say speaker swap. However, by your phrasing it sounds like you sort of "require" the delay more, so maybe squirrel away that money you have now and save up a bit more for a higher quality delay?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
the dd-20 and the ad-9 are decent choices (analog and digital are what you're gonna be choosing between). Instead of buying online and paying for shipping, have you looked on craigslist for local used gear? that $40 you mentioned could get u a used delay (if you're lucky)
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
speaker, that's something that effects any tone.. you don't need delay to sound nice if you play well.. it's more of an extra thing.
just get the speaker and save up some money afterward for the delay..

100-200 bux really isn't alot and shouldn't take long to save up.
I say V30 clone.
Delay wont help your tone. it will be useful, but not as much as a new speaker, IMO
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yeah ^

when you get a new speaker and just strike the notes, especially for chords, you're going to be hearing a nice difference.
After it breaks in, of course.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
its not difficult, you can remove the tubes, and unscrew the old one, then put it in.

or, remove the front grill, and do it.

then sell the old speaker on ebay.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by dudey5691
So, what I'm getting from this is...

The clone V30 should be able to play basically anything I throw at it (jazz/blues - metal)? Besides heavy death metal?

How difficult would it be to install the speaker myself?

Actually, the V30 is the preferred speaker when it comes to metal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i'd guess it depends on how crappy your current speaker is, and how much you use delay.

if it were me, i'd probably go speaker and try to use the vk's reverb to try to approximate a delay sound (does depend on what type of delay sound you need, of course).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?