Hallo, sorry for double-threads, but my other one is officially dead...

Andwhos, i'm looking to get rid of my Spider III 30W and save up a little more and get a 15W tube combo, but i don't know what kind i should even start to look at.

I want it to be $300 or less, used price. You don't have to give a link, just tell me which amps go for around that price.

I don't play metal, just medium distortion and some cleans:

Distortion: AFI, Underoath, Black Sabbath, Misfits
Cleans: some AFI, and mainly TheCure

So... help, please?
O O

___
your thread was dead for a reason, there is no such amp worth getting...
^Not true. An Epiphone Valve Standard can pull that with an OD. So can a V18 or a Palomino V16.
well... i was thinking about getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but there's really nothing wrong with my guitar now, i like it, i just wanted someting new...

would it be better to just not get the guitar and get a used Classic 30? If so, exaclty how much would one be, used?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
well... i was thinking about getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but there's really nothing wrong with my guitar now, i like it, i just wanted someting new...

would it be better to just not get the guitar and get a used Classic 30? If so, exaclty how much would one be, used?

Dude, get the Valve Standard. Used, it runs for 200 bucks.
Quote by ProfessorJim
Fender super champ xd

15w tube and $300 new.

that amp is considered a hybrid amp because a large part of it is solid state. I think this dude is looking for an all tube beast
If you get lucky, you might be able to find something around 30 for 300 used. Just bird-dog craigslist like a mofo.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Stratmaster458
that amp is considered a hybrid amp because a large part of it is solid state. I think this dude is looking for an all tube beast

1 channel is all tube and the other is ss/tube hybrid.
Don't forget about the Blackheart Handsome Devil. They're not out yet but they're supposed to be quite the amp for the price. The Handsome Devil is 15watt/7watt switchable and features drive and presence controls unlike the blackheart little giant. The head itself is going for $299 and the combo is $399 i think. I'm not entirely sure if there is gonna be a half stack version or not but this is the amp I am definitely considering upgrading to(from my spider3).

Here's a few links with info and video:

HD Tube Head
HD Tube Combo
HD video
Quote by imgooley
Dude, get the Valve Standard. Used, it runs for 200 bucks.

okay... cool.

(i want that Epi Les Paul... haha)
O O

___
Fender Blues jr is $450 new, you might be able to find it for $300 or less used.

I've seen some higher wattage used Peavey's for $270~

+1 to craigslist, and make sure you try it out before buying.
Quote by Sharck
Fender Blues jr is $450 new, you might be able to find it for $300 or less used.

The BJ is a good amp, but it won't do Sabbath without a ****load of pedals.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I think the Blues Jr. is your amp man
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^ But he wants to do Sabbath.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

With a pedal he should be ok. Turn down the master volume. Turn the normal volume up plus an od can probably do Sabbath. though I still think the crate is a good choice.
Yeah, the Crate would better suit him I think, nothing against the BJ
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by Sharck

I was looking at the Birmingham, Alabama craigslist and found one for 300. (TS is from Alabama).

Many many options.
Traynor YCV 20 a two channel 15watt combo with reverb, brighness switch on the clean channel and boost on the drive channel. The drive channel is a bit farty but with a thin sounding Boss SD1 it tightens the dirty channel up nicely. Clean channel is nice as is but reverb can get a bit too much after 9 o clock on the dial. I was getting a bit fed up with the dirty channel on my ycv20 it was ok with a single coil strat on the bridge pick up but with humbuckers on my mahogany yamaha it would fart badly. In the end I undid some of the mods I had done on my Boss SD1 and it tightened up the drive nicely.
If you are looking for a good tube amp that is 15 watts and around 300 I would check ebay and craigs list for a used Peavey Classic 20. I picked mine up for around 230.00 on ebay adn it is 15 watts of tonal bliss. They dont make them anymore so if you find one snag it.
Quote by classicrocker01
^ But he wants to do Sabbath.

well, i'm not doing THAT much sabbath, just every once in a while... i just mostly play stuff like AFI and Underoath, and the cure.

if the amp doesn't do sabbath, it won't bother me or anything... was just listing my top bands.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jun 26, 2008,
Quote by buzzzxx
If you are looking for a good tube amp that is 15 watts and around 300 I would check ebay and craigs list for a used Peavey Classic 20. I picked mine up for around 230.00 on ebay adn it is 15 watts of tonal bliss. They dont make them anymore so if you find one snag it.

Wow... i really wanted a Classic 30, but it was out of my price range... that's perfect. I've never even heard of these till now, thanks.

Now i just have to try to find one....
O O

___
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm looking at some lower wattage amps and just can't make up my mind. I've been looking at the Crate V-series (V18-212), and the Blackheart heads (Little Giant & the Handsome Devil). I just don't know...but hopefully you find something you like.
Quote by forsaknazrael
This is your best option.

They can go for as little as 350-400 dollars used.

400 WITH new tubes and a new speaker
I'd say C30 and no guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75