Any idea on the quality of these amps? After alot of searching and looking around I found this amp and it seems to sound pretty good, from the youtube videos I have seen. Thought I'd see if anyone here has one, or has played one and can give a little feedback on it.

Thanks.
Well, I have the AD30VT and that amp is amazing in itself. You really can't go wrong with these amps for the price. I was lucky and got my AD30VT new for $250(USD) with the footswitch included. Go for it, man.
Yeah, there's a local guy selling the AD30VT for 500$ and after looking around I found that that price is hugely jiuced up and can get the XL fro 350$ new online. From all the youtube clips I seen it looks like a real versitile amp and plenty loud enough for what I need it for.

I originaly wanted a 5150 or XXX but saving up cash is not an option at the moment and this amp looks like it can do everything I need it too, whereas the other are more straight hard rock/ metal.
The regular one is better than the XL.
uh it's not gonna do heavy hardcorish metal without sounding muddy. and the XL version isn't nearly as good as the original ADVT versions. it'll be versatile and fun yea, but if you play mainly hard metal, then save another 150 for the 5150!!!

i own the 30 watt version and love it to death, but i play mostly hard rock and classic rock styles.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
uh it's not gonna do heavy hardcorish metal without sounding muddy. and the XL version isn't nearly as good as the original ADVT versions. it'll be versatile and fun yea, but if you play mainly hard metal, then save another 150 for the 5150!!!

i own the 30 watt version and love it to death, but i play mostly hard rock and classic rock styles.

I have no issue with muddy distortion and it plays perfectly for me, really. I have the exact clean I want and the distortion is pretty close to what I want, but it's definitely not muddy.
I found the XL series to have a nicer tone to them IMO than the regular VT series but they weren't nearly as flexible in sound. Just my two cents. I think Vox makes killer SS amps but I would always recommend tube if you can afford it.
Quote by slash_rocks2005

The only problem with this is the fact that the 5150 only goes fro about 700$ around here, and even if I find it cheaper online, I still have to end up paying 100$-150$ fro shipping, and 700$ to 800$ for the combo is just not feasible anymore at the moment. Gear always gets jacked up in price around the east coast of Canada. Not much we can do about it. I envy the US on alot of these great gear deals you guys get.
nor can you stress the correct word in a statement in order to get the desired dramatic effect

lol point taken, i didn't even look at your location sorry. the XL series of Vox's seem to be notorious for being of less sound quality than the original series, only good at high gain stuff. pretty much making it more like the cube in a way.

i can vouch for the original vox series tho, they are great for everything up to like metallica like metal, but you're not gonna get extreme metal out of it...not really clear anyways. an EQ pedal might help but that's a lil pointless to use an EQ pedal on a modelling amp designed for practice really.

if you play more higher gain stuff than mid gain and blues, get a roland cube.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Thanks for the input.

I am def looking at more of a high gain amp, but seeing this for 350$ got me a little excited. I was getting about 600$-650$ for my amp, but buddy said he'd trade a Jackson RR (the cheaper version) and 400$ so I was looking into a 400$ amp. Like I said, if I was in the states right now I could get something quite nice with 400$, but around here it doesn't get a guy much.
what guitar do you have now? that RR model is prolly not too great. not worth modifying, i believe they use a bolt on neck, right? anyways, i'd just use it all on a sweet amp. even a crappy guitar will sound great on a nice amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Right now I am playing a Fernandes Vertigo, which isn't too bad of an axe, but I like having two axes. One for standard/drop D/standard D and then one for standard C/drop B. I have a very eclectic taste in music, so I like to learn and play as much a variety of music as I can.

I'd rather have straight cash, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the info guys about this amp though, it was really helpful. I can read a thousand reviews, and search the web forever, but it's great to get some people who have actually played some and know a little more of what they are talking about.
A while back, I was thinking of trading my Spider 3 for the Vox XL. I played on one for about a half an hour. I could not for the life of me get enough treble. I maxed out the treble on the amp, on the guitar and dialed back bass on the amp as well. It did have a warm sound but the gain didn't have any bite. I believe a regular Vox AD paired with a distortion pedal would be better.