two input jacks on the bottom? I was looking at a pic of it.

This has nothing to do with the question but i really like the shape of the body and just classy look of it. How do they sound and play? ( I'm not planning on getting one now i defiantly don't have the money its just an option for the very distant future.)

thanks guysss
Last edited by hoppusfan182 at Jun 25, 2008,
One jack is a stereo output. Basically you can send one pick up to one amp, and the other to a different amp.

Chris Squire would send the neck pick up into a clean, bassy amp, then he'd send the bridge pick up to a distorted amp.

Pretty much sounds amazing.
For the sound, it sounds ****in amazing, best thing ever if you ask me.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
woah that is the coolest thing I've ever heard. Why don't all basses do that? lol. I don't even know what else to say that is the most genius thing I've heard for a bass
they don't do it because it costs too much.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by IndianRockStar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBlILzKoSnM

That is a great example. Amazing tone.

Yeah. That sounds sexy as hell.
I came... twice
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
this was asked none to long ago.

its for biamping. One is not for stereo amping.. they both are. Good example of the tone would be. uh. almost any Rickenbacker tone other than Clifford Lee Burton's or Paul McCartney's. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
this was asked none to long ago.

its for biamping. One is not for stereo amping.. they both are. Good example of the tone would be. uh. almost any Rickenbacker tone other than Clifford Lee Burton's or Paul McCartney's. lol

The guy from Wolfother also has a fairly non-Rick sound from his Rick. From what I've heard of Chris from Muse, his tone is a little different too.
ah, I forgot Chris even had a Rickenbacker. Haven't watched harp in too long..
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I wish I had one, I've done tons of effect-shaping to make my jazz bass sound like a ric.
These Amplifiers go to 11
Gear:
Black Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass Bass II Bridge
Peavy Max-112
Various Others (keyboard, 12-string, etc)
They look amazing and I've been watching youtube videos with someone playing them and they have amazing tone. I really wish i hadd one
^^
Join the club.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Upon seeing this thread i just decided to mod my Cort P/J bass.

It is having it's tone knob removed and an input wired for each pickup, won't be quite the same but it will be phat.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Last edited by Double Basser at Jun 27, 2008,
Just the luthier in me but, its called an OUTPUT jack not INPUT it outputs sound!!!! Sorry about that lol
Is it still worth getting a Rickenbacker if you don't make use of the bi-amping feature?

I also noticed more than a few Rickenbacker players using a plec instead of fingers. Is it intended for use with a plec unlike other basses?
yes. with or without the jack, it sounds like a ric.
and all basses are intended for both, Rics just get a more aggressive tone with a pick.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by hoppusfan182
woah that is the coolest thing I've ever heard. Why don't all basses do that? lol. I don't even know what else to say that is the most genius thing I've heard for a bass

As it is, just a few people play Rics and even less use the stereo feature. I have never used mine. Mostly because I don't have two bass amps.