What are your thoughts on the BC Rich ASM Pro? any experiences, any pictures? I'm also trying to find out the thickness of the neck, but they aren't listing it anywhere online. How would these necks compare to ibanez necks in terms of thickness?
they're pretty good, at least. dont know bout the neck but i like the specs. based on reviews at MF, the neck is thin like a jacksons.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i'm thinking about getting one but i cant find a store that has it in stock. i really dont like buying a guitar from the internet without playing it first. has anyone been able to find the official neck dimentions.
I'll let you know in 2 weeks when it arrives. Have tried it in a store on a line 6 spider 3. Not a big fan of the amp, plus the strings hadn't been stretched out properly. Good solid feeling guitar. I'll probably post a youtube review when it arrives!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
awsome, please let me know what you think of it when it arrives. i still can't get it here in new york, and all the web stores are sold out. it should be available around september. keep me updated and thanks for the post.
I thought this guitar looked cool as well but i hear some bad things about bc rich i doub its all true though.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Yeah I want some solid info on this guitar. The hardware and wood seems right, and so is the price.
Gibson.
well there are all these threads on the internet about bc rich and "crappy" korean made guitars. i really dont think that this is all true. there are many american guitars that cost over 2 grand that just dont sound good. the asm pro is a maple neck through which is gonna deliver great tone even if the wood is "second" grade. plus they are throwing in active EMG, which are original, and an original floyd rose. its a 24 fret neck 19mm at first fret and 21 at the 12th, which means it is thin, similar the neck on the ibanez guitars. the wood does affect the tone but dont forget we are talking about an electric superstrat that is designed for shredding and fast solos, which in most cases will be hooked up to effect pedals and an amp. after putting a guitar through a rig, the tone of the wood will make no difference, it will come down to the pickups and the electonics on your rig. so in summery im not really overly concerned with them using "cheaper" wood. plus one should buy a guitar to play it and enjoy it. you wont worry about scratches or dents in a 700 dollar guitar as opposed to a 2000 or 3000 dollar guitar. im personally still gonna pick up this guitar when its available, the emg's and floyd are well worth it.
Just an update, they've been telling me the end of september for a while now, but I will let you know what I think when it arrives.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by Metfan1991
Just an update, they've been telling me the end of september for a while now, but I will let you know what I think when it arrives.

sweet i look forward to hearing about this guitar, i still think the headstock looks baddass
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by ROCKSTARSPACE
What are your thoughts on the BC Rich ASM Pro? any experiences, any pictures? I'm also trying to find out the thickness of the neck, but they aren't listing it anywhere online. How would these necks compare to ibanez necks in terms of thickness?

www.bcrich.com

And the ASM pro looks very nice. round $700 i think
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
OK I posted this post a few months ago lol, I was finally able to get the guitar. First of all they raised the price of teh guitar from 700 to $829 (boo). To start off its a good guitar. Its a neck through model, 24 frets, diamond inlays, EMG 81 85 pickup setup (ZW style) and an original floyd rose (not a copy or licence), they also used grover tuners. the selector switch is a three way switch.
To start with the finish, it is a dull flat black finish, and it feels tha way as well. it is not glossy nor does it feel smooth, it had this soft texture but not the standard glossy glass smooth texture. the entire guitar is black, includeing the back of the neck. there is a beige off white binding that surrounds the enture guitar. oh and the top of teh body is flat.
The cutaway is great and provides very comfortable access to frets, the cuttaway starts to break away from the neck around the 22nd fret, whcih is pretty good.
As far as the neck, it feels like its 19mm and 21mm in thickness. its not as thin as the ibanez wizard necks that i am used to but then again its not like a 2x4 lol. teh radius is 430 mm single. the frets are jumbo, they seem to be 6100 but im not sure, i really like railroad tracks for frets so frets are never big enough for me lol. the fretboard is made of ebony and it does have that "black" look with no brown anywhere i can see. the inlays are diamond shaped pearls. also the beighe binding that is around the body of the guitar continues to go around the neck and the headstock. the ACTION, a feature that interests everyone lol, was actually amazing. i mean out of the box teh action was super low with no buzing, les that 2 mm, about 1.7 or so. you get this action with no buzz. out of the box the strings were tuned a bit low, but that may have been for storage. i tuned them to 440 hz, locked teh tram and jamed for about 2 hours, with trem use, and the strings held tune perfectly.
as far as the wood, the body and neck is north american maple, which is bright. the wings on the body, thatis there the cutaways are, are made of adler, whcih is also a bright tone. but dont forget guys you get emg;s with this guitar and you can change tone between wood types with the turn of the tone knob.
the guitar is a bit on the heavier side. oh and important to note that the strap button is on the back surface of the upper cuttaway, not in the standard edge of the cutaway. its different but i think its more secure in that area.
ok i think i pretty much coverred anything. e-mail me or realy to teh post if you have any other questions about the guitar. it felt different the first hour or so but its really growing on me. i have about 7 or 8 ibanez rg models and this is the 1st time i actually buy a guitar thats not an ibanez. just one thing before i end, I DO NOT recommend any other bc rich guitars becasue they have different necks and feels. the only shredd guitar bc rich makes is the asm pro.