Whats the difference between the epiphone black beauty (3 pickups) and the epiphone les paul standard (2 pickups)? i get that the black beauty has a fatter sound but wut else? Just curious
the third pickup in the middle can make it harder to play because it blocks your picking hand. also the extra magnet power does something. ono what it does but it does apparently
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i have the black beauty and i find it doesn't affect my picking at all...you could always mod the wiring to get more pup combos
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
extra magnet means extra string pull. probably, you can get more variety of tones from the black beauty.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Just the extra humbucker and aesthetics, such as the gold hardware, block inlays, that logo thing on the headstock, and the extra binding on the body and everywhere else. It's a Les Paul Custom with an extra pickup.
Quote by steel337
Just the extra humbucker and aesthetics, such as the gold hardware, block inlays, that logo thing on the headstock, and the extra binding on the body and everywhere else. It's a Les Paul Custom with an extra pickup.

And a bigsby.

And it is gorgeous.

behold!! teh sex
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by imgooley
And a bigsby.

And it is gorgeous.

Yeah, but thats the Gibson one. TS was talking about the Epiphone one. But beautiful anyway, haha.
Quote by steel337
Yeah, but thats the Gibson one. TS was talking about the Epiphone one. But beautiful anyway, haha.

I thought the Epi had a bigsby, too?
Nah, it doesn't come with one as stock (i was looking at getting one, but then I found PRS...). You can buy a bigsby and install it yourself though.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
^works for me
I actually considered buying a G-400 after I saw the Limited Edition G-400 Custom in all white, gold hardware, three pick-ups, and a Meastro Tailpiece.

That is teh supeh sechs.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I actually considered buying a G-400 after I saw the Limited Edition G-400 Custom in all white, gold hardware, three pick-ups, and a Meastro Tailpiece.

That is teh supeh sechs.

Yes. If only it came in an ebony finish...
Yeah the BB is just beautiful, I'd buy one just for its looks, hang it on the wall and just look at the thing. Maybe come annual bonus time...... For those that have one, can you advise how it plays and the sound. I tend to play rock and in particular U2 stuff.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Basically the same, one has a pickup for the middle position, rather than mixing the neck and bridge pickups for the middle position.

Quote by apak
the third pickup in the middle can make it harder to play because it blocks your picking hand. also the extra magnet power does something. ono what it does but it does apparently

Extra magnetic pull on the string = less sustain.
I've got a black beauty (Epi) and I love it to bits, would never ever get rid of it! I normally play on the neck pickup, I'm a rhythm player personally and it sounds stunning, really warm. The middle pickup doesn't effect my picking at all, either with my fingers or with a pick. The switching for the pick up selector is as follows:

Position 1 : Neck
Position 2 : Middle / Bridge
Position 3 : Bridge

I'm considering modding it to allow a five way switch, although I'm not entirely sure the best way to go about this.

Bottom line is, great guitar, looks beautiful: See for yaself:

Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Quote by Martin Scott
Extra magnetic pull on the string = less sustain.

As well as less wood in the body.

Not to mention that unless you mod in a different pickup switch, you'll actually get less tonal variety with the middle pickup.