Page 1 of 2
I'm a big fan of them, but I also know that they really aren't good for you. But how bad are they? I drink 2-4 a week max. I feel really conscious about them when I do drink them though. Are they that much worse than a regular soda? When I'm not drinking one of them, I drink nothing but water or maybe green tea.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Apparently they can cause asthma attacks.
All your base are belong to us.
No worse than a coffee. Drink in moderation.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
heart attacks from taurine i think. but they can all impair vision or something like that. their banned in schools and some sports events so i guess they must be bad
Other than 90% of them tasting like ****, I don't think that they are more harmful than soda.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Well obviously if you have too much at once, they can be bad for you. But one every once in while won't hurt you, and they're pretty much just pop with more caffeine.
i have a friend that can drink 12+ at the time and now be affected at all
i have another friend that cant finish half before hes got a headache from the caffine
so i guess it depends on the person
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
If you drink one, then go do sports or watch a horror film or have sex or do w/e to raise your heart rate even more you could have a heart attack.
Quote by Jericho114
No worse than a coffee. Drink in moderation.

They're much worse than coffee, and regular soda as well. They have way more caffeine, and have more sugar than any other drink on the planet. Plus, people are now drinking them in 16 and 24 ounce sizes, which increases the harm even more.

Of course, everything in moderation is fine. Just make sure you're not eating a ton of sugar elsewhere, and aren't downing them like water.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

my friend just pulled up this for me:

Around the USA, the drinks have been linked with reports of nausea, abnormal heart rhythms and emergency room visits. [1]

Energy drinks may cause seizures in those who suffer from certain forms of epilepsy due to the "crash" following the energy high that occurs after consumption.[4] France banned the popular energy drink Red Bull after the death of eighteen-year-old athlete Ross Cooney, who died after he played a basketball game after consuming four cans of the drink.[5] The French Scientific Committee (J.D. Birkel) concluded that Red Bull has excessive amounts of caffeine.[5] Denmark also banned Red Bull. Britain investigated the drink, but only issued a warning against its use by pregnant women.[5]
not too bad...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
If you drink them over a long period of time, you'll start having problems downstairs, and start shooting blanks....
Please Stay,
Until I'm Gone,
I'm Here Hold On,
To Me I'm Right Here,
Waiting,
And Take My One Last Breath,
And Dont Forget,
That I Will Be Right Here,
Waiting
go take cocaine..... NO NOT THE DRUG!

*drum roll*

I mean the energy drink. has 350% more caffeine than red bull. I heard about this guy who drank 2 and was up for nearly 48 hours straight.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk

*drum roll*

I mean the energy drink. has 350% more caffeine than red bull. I heard about this guy who drank 2 and was up for nearly 48 hours straight.

I love that drink, it wakes me up for school, although then i usually can't stand still for 30 seconds. It's good fun though.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Shadow_Hawk

*drum roll*

I haven't been able to find it...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
I love that drink, it wakes me up for school, although then i usually can't stand still for 30 seconds. It's good fun though.

I love it, but I can stay awake for 48 hrs without it haha.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Quote by bigwillie
They're much worse than coffee, and regular soda as well. They have way more caffeine, and have more sugar than any other drink on the planet. Plus, people are now drinking them in 16 and 24 ounce sizes, which increases the harm even more.

Of course, everything in moderation is fine. Just make sure you're not eating a ton of sugar elsewhere, and aren't downing them like water.

I do try to moderate. I'll only drink 4 a week at the maximum, and no more than 1 a day. Days when I do drink them I try to balance it out with healthier food. Also when I drink them I try to go at least 2 days after with no soda or caffiene.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I dont like them because they make me feel all tingly O_O
Last edited by Ecliptica24 at Jun 25, 2008,
Main effect of large doses is a massive increase of Faggotry in the body's circulatory system.
Seriously, most kids in my school that drink em think that theyre like heroin or something. They drink them in the caffeteria before classes start because they think its cool and wear Rockstar or Monster hoodies to school. Plus they go around acting all pumped and **** and screaming "monsters are almost as br00tal as Chiodos!!!****!!!". There really isnt that much caffeine in em.

Im pretty sure that they cant be that bad for you. Hell, i drink like 20 Mountain Dews a week and theyre supposed to have a lot of caffeine yet there are no side effects.

2-4 a week wont mess you up at all.
Last edited by PissInMyShoeses at Jun 25, 2008,
I've heard alot of dumbass kids OD on the caffeine in them. If you drink them regularly i wouldnt be suprised if you had diabetes in 30 or so years. Its not just the caffeine and sugar thats so bad in them, they've got taurine, guarine, and creatine (known to cause heart attacks at an early age if taken to often) among other stuff in there.

I used to drink them all the time, but i'll only have one if i plan on being up real late. They are really terrible for you, well not once in awhile, but if taken regularly you'll definately have complications down the road. If you really need energy or just to stay awake, i'd suggest going out and getting some B vitamins, or foods/drinks with B vitamins, or maybe just some coffee or a soda.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by LazySandman
I haven't been able to find it...

that would be because it was temporarily made illegal in the U.S (if thats were u r) because its name was cocaine. Its coming back soon though, maybe its back already.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Jako215

Heh, luckily I don't drink those. I only drink either Sobe Adrenaline Rush or Ol' Glory.

By the way, there is a place that sells cocaine (energy drink) near my house.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Last edited by clincher09 at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Main effect of large doses is a massive increase of Faggotry in the body's circulatory system.
Seriously, most kids in my school that drink em think that theyre like heroin or something. They drink them in the caffeteria before classes start because they think its cool and wear Rockstar or Monster hoodies to school. Plus they go around acting all pumped and **** and screaming "monsters are almost as br00tal as Chiodos!!!****!!!". There really isnt that much caffeine in em.

Im pretty sure that they cant be that bad for you. Hell, i drink like 20 Mountain Dews a week and theyre supposed to have a lot of caffeine yet there are no side effects.

2-4 a week wont mess you up at all.

There is one kid in my school who literally would drink them all day, and they had no effect on him b/c his body got used to them. He thought he was the man cause he drank them. He's a complete loser/douche/fag/ass/whatever.

Hate to break it to ya, but rumour has it the Mountain Dew kills yer sperm. My friend actually called Mountain Dew (or at least the company that makes it) and asked about this. They said it's just a rumour, but you never know...

2-4 a week could mess you up if you are pregnant.
And I hope to God that you aren't pregnant.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Well of course Mountain Dew will say its rumour. Its not exactly good PR if they say "Why yes its like cyanide to your little soldiers my dear boy!"

Didn't some kid in Northern Ireland die from a sudden heart attack when he drank six Red Bull's a few years ago? I can't remember if it was a myth or not, but I've heard the story a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, since when I went through four red bulls in the space of two hours in order to stay awake and finish a project on time once I ended up suffering terrible stomache cramps that felt like I was being stabbed from the inside. Yet I still drink a Red Bull each morning. When things taste good my IQ seems to drop and I ignore the health risks. :/
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
Don't be such a pussy. You won't get heart failure off a few Red Bulls a week.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Oh, and Bawls is a great drink. Just thought I'd add that.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
They all remind me of the taste of liquor, so I don't like them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by PearlJames
Sobe Adrenaline Rush FTW!

I dont even consider it an energy drink

I know, it doesn't have that "energy drink taste" but yet keeps me awake and moving.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by BD 425
There is one kid in my school who literally would drink them all day, and they had no effect on him b/c his body got used to them. He thought he was the man cause he drank them. He's a complete loser/douche/fag/ass/whatever.

Hate to break it to ya, but rumour has it the Mountain Dew kills yer sperm. My friend actually called Mountain Dew (or at least the company that makes it) and asked about this. They said it's just a rumour, but you never know...

2-4 a week could mess you up if you are pregnant.
And I hope to God that you aren't pregnant.

Actually, it is a rumor. The stuff that is supposed to kill them is also in sprite and mellow yellow
Believe me, ive tested it myself....
Plus, the rumors different in a lot of places. Some kids tried to convince me that it shrinks your ****....
dude I had 8 in one day yeah I was sicker than **** but I came out alive just don't drink more than 3 a day
Quote by clincher09
I do try to moderate. I'll only drink 4 a week at the maximum, and no more than 1 a day. Days when I do drink them I try to balance it out with healthier food. Also when I drink them I try to go at least 2 days after with no soda or caffiene.

Yeah, you'll be fine. The only people who are at any risk are people drinking more than one a day for an extended period of time.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Last edited by bigwillie at Jun 25, 2008,
yeah i read some stuff about REDLINE, and it's crazy.
like they manufacture it so that it gives you the jitters.
so that you burn fat doing nothing i guess, but it's jacked up.
last one i drank was like 6 month ago lol , i dont see why i should drink that ****
probably about as bad as cocaine but nowhere near as fun, get some real stimulants kiddies.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by bigwillie
Yeah, you'll be fine. The only people who are at any risk are people drinking more than one a day for an extended period of time.

Ok, that's good. Don't want to be getting diabetes now.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Page 1 of 2