I accidently knocked my guitar over and it hit a bass amp and one of the tuning pegs came off (plus the square part on the back too). The piece itself is still intact and I can put it back into place and it still turns the strings...it just doesn't seem to stick which leads me to believe it just needs some kind of heavy duty glue.

Now I took it into my local music shop...they said that it was broken, wanted me to pay $90 and wait ten days for a pack of six tuners to come in. My music store doesn't have the best track record so I thought they might be trying to **** me over and get some free business....soooo, I've come to you guys in search of answers...I can take pictures if that's necessary, thanks!
This makes no sense. Words like thing and piece are hard to understand. You have the actual piece you turn (for this sake, we'll call it the machine head), the actual tuner, and a nut that slips around the tuner on the front of the headstock to hold it in place. Which broke/came loose?
Quote by CJRocker
This makes no sense. Words like thing and piece are hard to understand. You have the actual piece you turn (for this sake, we'll call it the machine head), the actual tuner, and a nut that slips around the tuner on the front of the headstock to hold it in place. Which broke/came loose?

you're right, that was pretty damn vague...i'm gonna post some pics, just a sec.
Ok here we go:

I am missing the small screw that goes at the top of the...tuning plate? I'm not sure what its called...the metal box the twisty part is housed in...sorry for the lame names again...you think I can just get a replacement screw?
Ow! Looks like that is down for the count. Gibson quality at it's finest there. You can try to reattach it by unscrewing it what is left on the guitar, setting the tuning peg on the actual tuner (make sure the gears line up!) put the cover back on, and screw it back in, but I think it's a goner. A good set of Klusons would be about $90 w/ labor and strings sadly. You could probably find a cheap replacement on ebay though.
damn, alright thanks man...is it pretty tough to get single tuners? instead of a set?
Quote by HomerG
damn, alright thanks man...is it pretty tough to get single tuners? instead of a set?

Yes, due to the fact it's as unusual for there to be a single tuner sale as there is to find someone who needs one. Ebay is going to be your best bet.
So I'm lookin at tuners on Ebay and I don't really know what my "shaft size" on my tuners are. Do you know off the top of your head what an LP would have?