There is a used on of these for 250 at a local Guitar center. 2 star condition but I still think its worth it....?

Does anyone on here own one?
I need to know if this is good.
If its tube thats a damn good deal cause i know those are a fair price new, someone recomended me one as agood tube amp as far as i know i havent heard bad reports. but then again its only 250 so it probably needs a tube swap or something could be faulty. Have you played it?

Actually i just did some research and people have just had problems with poor contruction or unconsistent performance, so id be careful seeing as its worth 600+ new
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Last edited by LaGrange at Jun 25, 2008,
Yea its 100w Tube

Well, I'm talking to my parents about it blah blah blah but if they agree I'm going to call up GC and see whats up with the condition. I already sent an email hope that gets answered quickly.
ehh, if it's an older model, not made in the last 1-2 years, you might have a realiablity problem. But it's a great amp.
Yes, that's a great deal on the amp if the only problems are cosmetic. Also, like Ghold said, check to make sure that it's not an older model. You can look through the grill in the back to see if there's a fan in there, and if there is, you're in good shape. The biggest problems with the original ones were overheating and the reverb tank going out, but they've fixed those issues since.

The amp rocks.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I bet its cosmetic cause it says it qualifies for PG.
B-52 makes really great amps. the tone is killer.
d00d

get it.

I bet you could sell it for $375 at least.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Yeah man, it's a good buy definately. If worse comes to worse, and the tubes are crap, you'd be able to replace them with whatever you wanted, and you still wouldn't be paying the price of a new one. They are great amps for the price. Definitely a poor man's Mesa. And if the bottom is too loose for you, could always use the saved money for an eq.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Nothing,because I wouldn't pay to have a childhood fear strip for me,no matter what sick variation of the clown car routine they come up with.

Taste the Meat, Not the Heat.
LISTEN TO DEVIN TOWNSEND!
I just called about it, and the guy was like "Yea man everything works fine its just that there is that hole in the grill."
Well, what if it doesn't have the fan? Is it that big of a deal? I mean I have read lots of the horror stories of them like burning up and stuff after a month or 2.
The fan was one of the solutions in fixing the overheating problems with the original production model. After they realized that they were overheating, they starting installing fans, and this fixed the problem.

It's really just to see if it was one of the early production models or one of the later production models.

I'm pretty sure that any of them that you see at a store now is the newer model, but just check to be sure. If you're facing the back of the amp, the fan is on the inside left wall right by the speakers. Hard to miss..

Also, for the record, I believe my AT212 to be just as reliable as any other quality amp out there. I've had nothing but beautiful results from it.

It's got mad balls, and absolutely beautiful cleans.

Check for the fan, and then double check to make sure that the speaker cone hasn't been damaged at all where the hole is..

If everything checks out, DEFINITELY pick it up. It's a STEAL of an amp at it's retail price alone.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Jun 26, 2008,
Thanks for the reply. Ill check for the fan. I hope its one with it. If not I think ill pass, im not trying to have it crap out on me.
For that price, get it.*As long as the flaws are cosmetic*. B-52s have had a spotty track record for reliability but I would wager its the vocal minority putting out most of the dirt.