Ok so our drummers parents got him this back around Christmas time (he's rich and gets random stuff like this). Now with the exeption of me everyone still uses 10 to 15 watt ss amps becuase we really just jam for fun. I've managed to get this thing working but it just doesnt seem as loud as it should be. We've been micing the amps with cheap mics that have 1/4in connectors and the vocalist is using the mic that came with it. Could someone give me a step by step on how to get the best sound with our setup? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-740-Plus-S715-PA-Package?sku=630489
How have you set it up now?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Well like I said, cheap mics on the amp straight into it (I'm going to try the line out next time) and then the vocal mic in a mic input. It has these pointless effects on it that I cant seem to bypass as well. Its just not getting much volume, and I know it should be getting more. I mean we can hear our practice amps over it (and thier not cranked either).
Gunna sound stupid, but have you checked all the volume controls? And the gain controls on the channels? If your using jacks, mic volume is often lower in my experience.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Haha, ya I checked all the gain and eq controls. I've used mixers before so I didnt come in completely clueless.
Ahh ok. Apologies for treating you like a noob then. Happens a lot on here, people come in with a rig and have no idea how to use it.

As for this, without being there checking it all it's hard to say. If I think of something I shall come back.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Check out the pix on musicians friend. It looks similar to the eq section on a audio mixer (or console, whichever one has the effects and all the extra stuff) Basically yes, each channel has its own eq.

edit: (to jambi) Don't worry about it man, I knew why you said it that way. Plus, even those of us that know what we're talking about skip simple things sometimes.