hey, i'm looking for some pickups. i love the way stratocasters sound, so i guess i'll buy some fender pickups (if that's what is on the stratocasters). i play rock, and blues. seeing as i don't have that much experience with them, could you help me decide which one would be best for the job?

thanks for the help,
steve
tnfootballfan turned me onto Lindy Fralin pickups a while ago. People've been saying they sound like pre-CBS Fender pups, which I think is just awesome. Check em out.
The stock american series pick ups are good for rock and blues. but have a look at dimarzio and seymour duncan, they also make some nice strat pickups.some actual fender pick ups dont like lots of gain, like the texas specials(i think thats what there called) great for blues like SRV, but as soon as the gain starts increasing their practically useless, they sound very messy.
not so much dimarzio dude, they're crap. seymour duncans are a killabillionish time better. look for those. not sure about the factory strat sound though.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
A JB Jr for the bridge, Then Seymour duncan vintage staggered (SSL-1, I think) they're replicas of the original strat pickups.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
What amp, what style of music, what kind of guitar?

-87 to the guy that said dimarizio sucks. Duncan and Dimarizio are both the kings of production passive pickups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by metalhead_365
The stock american series pick ups are good for rock and blues. but have a look at dimarzio and seymour duncan, they also make some nice strat pickups.some actual fender pick ups dont like lots of gain, like the texas specials(i think thats what there called) great for blues like SRV, but as soon as the gain starts increasing their practically useless, they sound very messy.

I don't totally agree with this. I can use some pretty high gain with my texas specials and it doesn't get muddy. I can even do metal when I use an OD in front of the amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't totally agree with this. I can use some pretty high gain with my texas specials and it doesn't get muddy. I can even do metal when I use an OD in front of the amp.

+1
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by kool98769
+1
I think Erock503 has a clip of a splawn with texas specials, and its not even close to muddy.

Thats a little unfair, can splawns even get muddy?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Thats a little unfair, can splawns even get muddy?

errrmm, nevermind those were texas heats, which arent pickups. lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer