I was wondering what amp i should get. I play classic rock to metal i use a sg price from 1800 down
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
Will you be gigging, practicing with a band, or playing alone? And do you want tube (valve) or solid state?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I'd say a JCM 800
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Try everything you can. You can get a pretty sick amp for that money and you should be sure you really like it. Find some ones you like and research the crap out of them. Then try them side by side if at all possible. Then pick.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by theacousticpunk
Will you be gigging, practicing with a band, or playing alone? And do you want tube (valve) or solid state?

It will be a combonation of all three, but mostly gigging/ practice with band. also i dont mind whether it is solid or tube
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
+1 on whoever said orange,

also mesa stilleto
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I posted a few links to good used amps in the comments of your profile. PV Classic 50 410, Traynor 80 Watt and a JCM 900. All well within your budget. Good luck. Edit: There is an Orange TT as well for $500 on the same site.
to clear up any confusion when io say 1800 i mean 4 cab+head

also i was looking at a line 6 spider 3 150 hd are they any good?
Last edited by darknes40 at Jun 29, 2008,
I strongly suggest buying a tube head. Although there are a few quality solid state amps around, they do not have the same natural response as a valve cranked does. I would suggest something by Hughes&Kettner, Framus, or Engl. They are the three Europian winners, but, if your an American, they will cost a bomb so where are you from?
Quote by darknes40
to clear up any confusion when io say 1800 i mean 4 cab+head

also i was looking at a line 6 150 hd are they any good?

No, they're abysmal.

The HD147, on the other hand...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
imfrom canada
I've had a sour taste in my mouth since the invention of the Spider amps. Maybe it's a sourness in my soul, IDK. I can't knock the HD147 because I've never tried it. But to the TS, you can do SO much better then the HD150! You could spend at least $800-900 for a HD150 half stack, and it wouldn't be well spent.

Heck for that amount of money, you could get a decent tube 2x12 combo with enough watts to gig and blow that HD150 away! 50-100 watts tube is loud!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
why not get one of those new egnater amps?
4 channels
you can set the wattage for each channel
kinda like a Marshall JVM but more boutique and useful
Hemm Canada, there was this guy who once said he could get an ENGL amp I think for really cheap from there. I'm pretty sure it was ENGL anyway. Do some research on them, there are plenty of excellent amps from their range.