Poll: Which will come first?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which will come first?
Tribulation
6 25%
Rapture
18 75%
Voters: 24.
Page 1 of 2
Which will come first the Rapture or Tribulation any scriptures that says?I need help figuring this out.
I'm Catholic, and I've been going to church since I was born and actually payed attention, and I have heard of neither.
all of the Christians will probably kill each other over some pointless theological debate before either happens, so you don't need to worry too much, oh and religion thread.

Quote by tortex199
I'm Catholic, and I've been going to church since I was born and actually payed attention, and I have heard of neither.

The modern catholic church doesn't worry about it too much, the protestants seem to be obsessed with it for some reason.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The tribulation is the period after the rapture.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by The_Paranoia
Religion Thread.

We dont take too kindly to your beliefs out here.

Neither does the Religion Thread.
I don't know what the tribulation is...

And neither may happen depending on whether or not there is a christian God. Even if there is, maybe he'll change his mind and not bother with it.
flying spagghetti monster

does that answer your question?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by mosh_face

/thread
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by mosh_face

This
_______
|||||||||||||||
hail satan.

see what i did thar?
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
The Rapture is a work of Fiction!!!!!! It is never mentioned in the Bible.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
does it matter? either way, if you're saved, you're all set either way, and if your not, you're screwed either way.
Too cool for a signature.
Skull **** Christ.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
the rapture is what is coming first, it takes up all the believers of Christ.
all the non-believers then get 7 years of tribulation.
during that time if they repent and become a believer, then they will go to heaven and become a matyr if they die.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
during that time if they repent and become a believer, then they will go to heaven and become a matyr if they die.

Good chance of that happening when the Pale horse rides out.

EDIT: Wait, I'm in a pickle... would death to believers before the 5th seal make them martyrs, or would it only be when the Antichrist starts massacring them?
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
Who the hell is going to not believe if all the Christians are simultaneously transported to Heaven in a one-er?

It doesn't take 7 years to guess that something's afoot.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Good chance of that happening when the Pale horse rides out.

Ahh, the good Ol' Four Horseman reference.
And then there's the 200,000 demonic horseman sent to wipe out a third of the population.
And then there's the evil souled locust creatures that make all non-believers want to kill themselves, but they can't die.
^To above: God is supposed to harden the hearts of many. Either something like that, or the Anti-Christ is supposed to reel them in, and make them take the mark of loyalty, while God's people will have the mark that only others can see, but not themselves.
There are also supposed to be two prophets, Eli and Moishe, that are given God's powers, but die at the end of a 2 year period.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Last edited by konkordmusk at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by konkordmusk
Ahh, the good Ol' Four Horseman reference.
And then there's the 200,000 demonic horseman sent to wipe out a third of the population.
And then there's the evil souled locust creatures that make all non-believers want to kill themselves, but they can't die.

And don't forget the good old Battle of Armaggeddeon.
The actual word "Rapture" never appears in the Bible, but the theory behind the rapture is based in scripture. Rapture comes first, Tribulation comes second. And their are actually 3 different types of views on the tribultion. Pre, Post and Mid.

And why the hell do people who don't belive in or care about religion or christianity click on a thread called "To fellow Christians?" Yea this should be in the religion thread, but don't bash the dude either.

And before anyone says anything about the all bull**** Christianity is responsible for....we all know, it's nothing new....not much fault....it's getting old....
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And don't forget the good old Battle of Armaggeddeon.

Where the Anti-Christ is to assemble an army, the largest ever assembled, to break into Petra, where all the believers are holed up, right?
Actually, it's really clever.
Har Meggido is the hill the army must traverse to get to Petra I believe.
Har Meggido = indirect cognate of Armageddon.
I'm actually very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by MetalStorm4786

And why the hell do people who don't belive in or care about religion or christianity click on a thread called "To fellow Christians?" Yea this should be in the religion thread, but don't bash the dude either.

I don't believe in Christianity (organised Christianity, anyway) anymore. But I still love discussing the scriptures and the ideas behind it. So meh

Quote by konkordmusk
Where the Anti-Christ is to assemble an army, the largest ever assembled, to break into Petra, where all the believers are holed up, right?
Actually, it's really clever.
Har Meggido is the hill the army must traverse to get to Petra I believe.
Har Meggido = indirect cognate of Armageddon.
I'm actually very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.

Pretty much. Although I find it really interesting how neither side in the battle is actually good- how it's two evil armies... two sides of the antichrist almost- political and religious.

Seems weird how it mirrors todays events- the West being political (USA, UK etc), the East being religious (Muslim extremists and the like)
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I don't believe in Christianity (organised Christianity, anyway) anymore. But I still love discussing the scriptures and the ideas behind it. So meh

Fair enough, I respect all beliefs and non-beliefs, it just gets old hearing the same old anti-christian and religion slander you know?
Quote by MorbidVirus
Christians!!!
To The Lions!!!

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote by Silent_gojira
Which will come first the Rapture or Tribulation any scriptures that says?I need help figuring this out.

the rapture is not a biblical idea. im not a christian anymore, but it has to be said. there are verses in the bible that completelydisproves it.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Pretty much. Although I find it really interesting how neither side in the battle is actually good- how it's two evil armies... two sides of the antichrist almost- political and religious.

Seems weird how it mirrors todays events- the West being political (USA, UK etc), the East being religious (Muslim extremists and the like)

I agree.
Although, is the "Word of God" supposed to literally destroy them?
I believe the passage went something like, "And the sword from his mouth..."
Obviously, he*Jesus* isn't swinging a sword from his mouth, but it's his Word.
And the Raptured believers are supposed to be mounted on white stallions behind him, and it's supposed to be a total slaughter of the non-believers.
I could go FOREVER on this.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^You don't need to explain all this sword from his mouth stuff to me, I've studied the Bible more than I've studied for university

Aye, same here. Although, I'm still in high school...
Any points you'd like to discuss?
EDIT:
How about the sentences that the Anti-Christ, the False Prophet, and Satan gets?
Like, have you any theories why the Anti-Christ and the False prophet get an eternity in the pits of fire, but Satan gets released at the end of a thousand years?
I mean, at that point, the whole world just went through 7 years of insanity, basically weeding out the non-believers. Why again at a thousand years?
Quote by leeb rocks
Last edited by konkordmusk at Jun 25, 2008,
I'm not religious, so I don't think either will happen. But whats ironic is I'm listening to the song Rapture by Morbid Angel right now.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Page 1 of 2