Been playing self taught for a little over a year and a half and I'm starting lessons either next Wednesday or one after that. Found a pretty good guy who knows a lot and gonna start taking blues rock lessons. I'm super psyched cuz I think its gonna really help take my playing to the next level.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
congrats dude. i taught myself for awhile and then got lessons and let me tell you that they are 100 percent worth it. good luck
People are strange when youre a stranger
Faces look ugly when youre alone
Women seem wicked when youre unwanted
Streets are uneven when youre down
Awesome man. I need to find someone myself. I've had my guitar for about 10 months but really only gotten seriously into learning to play it over the last 3 or 4.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Smart plan.I should have started lessons a long time ago.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I taught myself for like 6 or 7 months...I got up to a point where I could alternate pick relatively good and then I got lessons...he's taught me a lot of theory so far...sadly due to school I have little time to practice
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I love teachers. They teach you new tricks and correct bad habits, very useful.
Lessons are great. Be sure to set aside a hour everyday to practice the things a teacher shows.. That's a minimum to get your money's worth.
I was just like you and when I got my teacher ( BTW he shows no emotion) and he made me so much better. Before I thought it was impossible to play the Riff in crazy train (the one after the intro) and after one lesson mastered that riff of course now im a lot better and realize I sucked.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
I'm starting lessons in September. I can't wait, seeing as how I haven't progressed much by self-teaching myself.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings