what are some good black metal bands (feel free to twist that sentence into a joke for some lulz) that are similar to Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth. i hate bands that are so un-melodic that my ears hurt after listening to them (Cannibal Corpse). but the bands i mentioned before use lots of dynamics and stuff for extra epicness. so anyway start naming bands or songs! or both preferrably
Satyricon - King. Is a really good song
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by InvaderTSN
Early Behemoth

Behemoth's album "Demigod" is one of my favorites, but that's more black/death.

Try Deathspell Omega. I've got the Kenose EP and it's pretty good. I've heard good things about Mirrorthrone's latest album, but I haven't heard it myself.
this is like talking about santa clause or the tooth fairy.

ba dum tsh.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Copy and paste everything you just said and take it to the Metal forum.

They will worship you.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
what a coincedence, I'm listening to Deathspell Omega right now. So..them, Burzum, Drudkh, Wolves in the throne room, Windir, Darkthrone, Vesperian Sorrow, Dissection, Enthroned, Thus defiled, Nazgul, Summoning.
Bathory
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Ugh, Cradle Of Filth, best black metal band of all time I think? haha. (Please someone catch the sarcasm)
On topic now, Deffinitely try some Mirrorthrone, Windir or Dissection.
Blinded By Faith
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Arckanum
Dekadent
Stormlord
Early Ulver
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
slipknot...nah jk no flaming please! I don;t got much death metal but for some toher stuff like As I Lay Dying or Chimaira

BR00TALZ EDIT* Dethklok
Last edited by MetalIsBrootalz at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by shreddin_frets
You might like Walking the Cadaver. My friend just showed them to me, not to bad.

1. it's *Waking the cadaver
2. they're not black metal at all, they're deathcore
3. they're very bad
4. are you being sarcastic?
Arcturus, listening to them now. Awesome circus style avant garde.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
black metal that sounds like Cradle of Filth? there isn't any because CoF ain't black metal.

I've been listening to Enslaved a lot lately, they are very melodic. Marduk is also good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Sabbath89
Bathory

this
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
well heres an update of what i liked:
Good:
Marduk Steel INferno
Sayricon- King
Mirrorthrone Mortphose
Vesperian Sorrow- Solitude
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie
Enthroned - Vortex of Confusion
DragonLord- Until The End
Blinded by Faith - Triumph of Treachery

Bad:
Gorgoroth
Immortal
Nazgul
Immortal (this video sums it up stupid video)
Thus Defiled (DREAM RAPER!!!)
Summoning (lord of the rings nerds)
Arckanum

Iduno:
these ones ill be doing a little more research on

Behemoth
Deathspell Omega
Drudkh
Wolves in the throne room
Windir
bathory (black?)
cadaver
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
black metal that sounds like Cradle of Filth? there isn't any because CoF ain't black metal.

then what genre would you call them? theyre pretty black to me
Borknagar are progressive black metal kinda, but I don't think they've had the same singer for more than two albums in a row. Nonetheless their self titled through Empiricism are awesome, I've'nt listened to their newer two much.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fixed.

And you bastard that video is made of win.

i think that any black metal band who makes me laugh, and not whimper in the corner out of fright... fails, COF is bad for that when Dani introduces songs live, they blow live by the way.