Alright this is a multiple part question so bear with me... I recently bought an Ibanez RG from my friend, its an RG 370 DX with the middle pickup missing. I also have a faded Gibson SG that I attempted to put active EMG pickups(81/85) in, but I screwed up the wiring so it sounds pretty bad when it makes sound at all. Now I was thinking that I should take it to a professional to get it re-wired, since I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice, but my question is should I have the active pickups switched into my RG(and the RG pickups switched into the Gibson), which I'm gonna have to have wired for the third pickup anyways? Also, if anybody has recommendations as to what kind up pickup I should put in the middle position that would be great because I haven't ever looked into single coil pickups at all. Any input would be much appreciated.
Put the actives in the guitar you like better. For a middle pup, you can't really go wrong with a noiseless single coil from dimarzio or duncon.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Alright I guess that would be the Ibanez then, since I play it more now and they never really fit into the gibson anyways. What exactly does a noiseless pickup entail though?
Single coils naturally pickup 60hz hum. Noiseless pickups don't.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not