i have song with the chord progression Am, Dm, C, Em.
but i cant figure out what chords to use alternatively during a different part of the song like say the chorus. any ideas?
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
Death metal (sounds amazing through bass amp)
ibanez weeping demon
No. We have no idea what kind of song it is, we have no idea how you're playing it, and we have no idea what you want it to sound like. We can't write a song for you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by donwuzhere69
but i cant figure out what chords to use alternatively during a different part of the song like say the chorus. any ideas?

Simple; what sounds good to you? Go with that.
bloody hell. Why are you overanalysing which chords to use? music isnt an english exam, it's art!
Quote by yawn
There are most certainly not the same thing. They share the same notes, but then again a hamburger and vomit could share the same molecular composition.

Need a laugh?

Quote by GeneralGrim
Lmao. You, sir, just made my year.
Quote by robbo_0013
bloody hell. Why are you overanalysing which chords to use? music isnt an english exam, it's art!

So this means there should be no thought behind it?
Quote by slappymoe66
He's agreeing with your earlier post dumbass.

Just because I said that he should go with "what sounds good" doesn't mean that I'm suggesting he doesn't think about what he's doing. Here's some help for you:

1. Open ass.
2. Remove head.
pull a petrucci...and make them into 11 chords. hence A11..ect ect. if you dont know what im talking about..check out almost every clean part of images and words.
Quote by donwuzhere69

well there are some standard conventions you can use for something like that. It would appear your first part here is in A aeolian, so your progression is i iv III v.

For the next part you can modulate that up a minor 3rd to c minor : Cm, Fm, Eb, Gm

Or modulate to the relative major of C major: C, F, Em, G or find any other progression in C major you like.

Modulate to the parallel major is a possibility too: A, D, Cm, E

or a common power ballad convention is a sort of scalar progression (this one works best if you're using power chords): Am, C, Dm, F G
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Thats in A minor. The triads in A minor are Am Bdim C Dm Em F G. Note that E is often used instead of Em. Try playing these chords in different orders.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Thats in A minor. The triads in A minor are Am Bdim C Dm Em F G. Note that E is often used instead of Em. Try playing these chords in different orders.
It's actually in C major. The chords resolve to C not A. But the triads are still the same.

Quote by robbo_0013
Just like a painting, some things look (sound?) good and some things dont. Generally a painter wont mix warm colours with cool colours unless they were going for some effect and generally reds symbolise passion (sorry not much of a painter, I failed year 7 art ).
Just like with music, IMO specially chord movements symbolise special feelings. Like I associate aeolian progressions (different to minor progressions, I'll explain why if anyones interested) with passion and romance and I associate dominant chords with power and major seventh's with relaxation.
Quote by :-D
Just because I said that he should go with "what sounds good" doesn't mean that I'm suggesting he doesn't think about what he's doing. Here's some help for you:

1. Open ass.
2. Remove head.

I love how all your insults come with a massive smiley next to them
Quote by Mike
It's actually in C major. The chords resolve to C not A.
Thats not how I hear it. I think the v - i movement for A minor is stronger than the ii - I movement for C major
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Quote by demigod90234
well there are some standard conventions you can use for something like that. It would appear your first part here is in A aeolian, so your progression is i iv III v.

For the next part you can modulate that up a minor 3rd to c minor : Cm, Fm, Eb, Gm

Or modulate to the relative major of C major: C, F, Em, G or find any other progression in C major you like.

Modulate to the parallel major is a possibility too: A, D, Cm, E

or a common power ballad convention is a sort of scalar progression (this one works best if you're using power chords): Am, C, Dm, F G

this was prolly the only helpful reply here
but thanks man
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
^Remind me not to try and help you again then.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin

this was prolly the only helpful reply here

You gave no information. How the hell is anyone supposed to help?
You just came in here and said "write a song for me".
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
aenimus prime yea u did help too i didnt see
but i was just having trouble coming up with a different chord progression that would go g ood with the one i had
i didnt need a song written for me
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon
Quote by donwuzhere69
aenimus prime yea u did help too i didnt see
but i was just having trouble coming up with a different chord progression that would go g ood with the one i had

Then try elaborating on what the **** you're looking for. "Good" means nothing.
One thing you gotta understand around here, is that even if you don't find someone's particular information useful, you better appreciate it or at the very least not insult it because people will start to ignore you very fast. Just an FYI.
i got what i needed so its kool now
Iceman w/ emgs
fender fmdsp65
Boss MetalZone
Fender Cybertwin
Epi LP plus top
Zoom gfx4
ibanez weeping demon