I have a song that my band wants to perform live and requires several repeating, overlapping vocal parts.
I was thinking of having two vocalists, I and another, loop these parts. I need to have two singing because the vocal parts overlap at certain points and I can't sing two vocal lines at the same time, of course.
So how should I do this? What looper shall I get? I need to have two mic inputs and be able to start and stop each part easily at different intervals, which means no bending down and fiddling with it. I don't care much for a whole lot of memory. Do I need to get two loopers?
get someone else to sing part of it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
get someone else to sing part of it

No, wait, you don't get it. There are seven vocal parts in this song. Each part repeats over and over and they overlap each other. This is why I think it's best to run the vocals through a looper instead of having a bunch of vocalists on stage.
holy crap. haahha. i thought you meant 2, maaaaaaaybe 3. ok well thats different. hmm...if its only one part, you could just skip that part live lol. you could get some kind of sampling device with the whole part recorded and just not sing there or something. i dont know. 7 parts seems a little difficult to pull off. its like when queen did bohemian rhapsody. they made a video of it because they couldnt do it live lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
holy crap. haahha. i thought you meant 2, maaaaaaaybe 3. ok well thats different. hmm...if its only one part, you could just skip that part live lol. you could get some kind of sampling device with the whole part recorded and just not sing there or something. i dont know. 7 parts seems a little difficult to pull off. its like when queen did bohemian rhapsody. they made a video of it because they couldnt do it live lol

Yeah, maybe I should record samples like Queen.

Any suggestions with looping, anyone?
uhhh maybe try a looping guitar pedal with a mic. in it??? There easy to operate, but fairly expensive! BOSS and Digitech make some..
Quote by boroboy
uhhh maybe try a looping guitar pedal with a mic. in it??? There easy to operate, but fairly expensive! BOSS and Digitech make some..

I get what you're saying - plug a mic into one of those little red BOSS looping guitar pedals which are $190 or something with a converter? That isn't really expensive. But what about the thing I was talking about with two vocalists and multiple vocal tracks? Didn't quite answer my question.

But actually, you gave me some ideas. I will be getting a multi-effects pedal which, I believe, has a looper. And also, I'll be getting a MIDI keyboard controller along with Ableton Live software and hopefully I'll be able to record and loop vocals with the software. Anyone know how to do that?

I think I just use a USB condenser.

So maybe my problem is solved that way. I don't know.
Last edited by Halcyon91 at Jul 1, 2008,
After thinking for a bit, I decided I should pre-record samples of vocals and trigger each of them live at the appropriate times while looping them. Problem solved.

Thanks.