I love sitting around and screwing around on my guitar (Hamer standard flametop) but I wanna find some songs that I can rly learn. I know a few awesome riffs and stuff but where too next? whats some good starter songs to play. I love ozzy/black sabbath, black label society etc but a lot of that seems above my head as of now. I listen to about all types of music so nothing is out of the question. Any ideas would be great.
Quote by DimeRIP
I love sitting around and screwing around on my guitar (Hamer standard flametop) but I wanna find some songs that I can rly learn. I know a few awesome riffs and stuff but where too next? whats some good starter songs to play. I love ozzy/black sabbath, black label society etc but a lot of that seems above my head as of now. I listen to about all types of music so nothing is out of the question. Any ideas would be great.

that's where you gotta start. don't try any solos until you get experienced or until you think you can play them. ozzy/sabbath stuff is usually easy with the main riffs, so there's a good place to start. learn the solos when you get more experienced.

any other bands you listen to/would like to learn?
some metallica stuff is pretty easy, yet sounds sick

like try Some kind of monster, easy to learn and sounds cool

Drop D tuning though
Quote by dr.rock666
some metallica stuff is pretty easy, yet sounds sick

like try Some kind of monster, easy to learn and sounds cool

Drop D tuning though

+1
Like I said, I listen to basically every thing, my music library on my computer goes any where from Heart(don't laugh you know you jam it alone lol) to Children Of Bodom to w/e. I know a few random riffs from metallica and ozzy/sabbath but I'm looking for a good starter song to get me more comfortable on it.
Quote by DimeRIP
Like I said, I listen to basically every thing, my music library on my computer goes any where from Heart(don't laugh you know you jam it alone lol) to Children Of Bodom to w/e. I know a few random riffs from metallica and ozzy/sabbath but I'm looking for a good starter song to get me more comfortable on it.

yes. yes i do.

as said before, metallica stuff is great for beginners, as is sabbath stuff. from your username, i'd assume you listen to pantera. i wouldn't try their stuff at first, it's a bit complicated. if you want to experiment with drop tunings, try pantera's walk (full step down tuning is easier to play in/sounds a bit better, but you can play it in drop D). only easy song by them i can think of.

EDIT: oh, and try barracuda.
Thnx for the advice, any more would be great. Gonna try Metallica's "Some Kind Of Monster". Hoping it picks up my speed a lil' bit. My main prob is playing fast at the moment. I live for metal just learning to play it seems to be a challenge. One day I hope to nail some Chimaira(prob my current fav band) songs as well as the greats (Zakk Wylde, Randy Roads, etc).
Metallica and Megadeth have fairly easy and catchy riffs.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

about easy pantera stuff.. there are a few:
cemetery gates (acoustic intro,also the main riff is easy.. maybe you`ll have a rough time doing the pinch harmonics)
planet caravan (i know its black sabbath`s.. but they covered it,so what the heck)
the sleep (intro fingerings will challenge you,talking about the AmADD11,riffs are pretty slow)
i think that would be enough for now
i say try to get down good rythm, find a song that has a chord playing but at a rythm and try to mimic that rythm. that'll help you get youre hand not as stiff and go with the flow
I am sort of a newbie guitar play myself and have learned several Metallica/Sabbath/Ozzy guitar riffs on the acoustic but now want to move onto my electric (Fender strat). I have a VOX effects board but don't know how to use it and am totally new to electric guitar effects. I could use some help with that.
Quote by becker89
about easy pantera stuff.. there are a few:
cemetery gates (acoustic intro,also the main riff is easy.. maybe you`ll have a rough time doing the pinch harmonics)
planet caravan (i know its black sabbath`s.. but they covered it,so what the heck)
the sleep (intro fingerings will challenge you,talking about the AmADD11,riffs are pretty slow)
i think that would be enough for now

i wouldn't recommend cemetary gates for a beginner. maybe intermediate (probably spelled that wrong).